LEW FORD FAN CLUB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

LEW FORD FAN CLUB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:47 pm

Jones will be gone after the year so that will open a spot for Ford or Kubel.

Too bad the same can't be said of Stewart. I know people want to mention the Twins better record when Stewart's healthy, but when you're a small market team and his dirt-cheap replacement is putting up better offensive #'s and is a better OF.....I don't buy it.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

bx

Postby JOEG » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:55 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:Jones will be gone after the year so that will open a spot for Ford or Kubel.

Too bad the same can't be said of Stewart. I know people want to mention the Twins better record when Stewart's healthy, but when you're a small market team and his dirt-cheap replacement is putting up better offensive #'s and is a better OF.....I don't buy it.

Yeah I agree, I don't like having Ford on the bench for Stewert, for one main reason... he should put up at least 90% of Stewert's numbers and cost about 5.7 mil less, think of the relief we could get in the bullpen....

Your right too about being a small market team, we have roughly 55 million we can possibly spend.... our strongest spot in AAA (counting Ryan and Ford) is by far and away OF. So why have Hunter, Jones, and Stewert clogginp 15-18 million of that chunk.... when we can get 80% of that production for 90% cheaper and get our crappy at best pitching staff better??
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mr Last Place » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:56 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:It is his days on the roster limit.

A friend of mine who's a Twins fan informed me the other day (as I thought he was also ROY eligible -- as has been mentioned incorrectly by several sources)

Always good to know,just wanted to make sure because like you said,you're the first person to say he's not eligible for it.

Guess I should stop using the "soon to be AL ROY Lew Ford" line when trying to trade him for pitching help in my keeper league :-D
Mr Last Place
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:12 pm

Mr Last Place wrote:
Registered_Guest wrote:It is his days on the roster limit.

A friend of mine who's a Twins fan informed me the other day (as I thought he was also ROY eligible -- as has been mentioned incorrectly by several sources)

Always good to know,just wanted to make sure because like you said,you're the first person to say he's not eligible for it.

Guess I should stop using the "soon to be AL ROY Lew Ford" line when trying to trade him for pitching help in my keeper league :-D

Nah, keep using it. I still do ;-D
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:26 pm

In my AL Only League, I picked up Ford very early on...and I also grabbed Figgy .... ;-D

from yahoo:

Lew Ford continues to be impressive in Minnesota, and the Twins keep finding a spot for him in the lineup - something that will not be changing any time soon. "Lew's going to be in there somewhere," manager Ron Gardenhire told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "He's not going to lose his spot." Gardenhire also complimented the progress Ford has made defensively. "We always thought he could hit," Gardenhire said. "I had people tell me he's one of the best center fielders they'd seen. And the first time I sent Lew back down to the minor leagues, I said, 'You didn't play very well defensively, son. And I've been told you are very, very good. So you need to go down there and make sure you concentrate and take balls off the bat.' And he did."
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby trailblazur » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:39 pm

Dont know much about ford other than what he is doing so far this year. Who is the better long term prospect though...Ford or Kubel??? And when will Kubel get pt, next year full time???
trailblazur
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:53 pm

Kubel -- but who knows. No one thought either were big time prospects a small following of Twin fans with Kubel.

Their starting OF next year should be Kubel, Hunter, Ford....but won't be due to Shannon Stewart (who has quickly become my least favorite MLB player ;-D
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers