LEW FORD FAN CLUB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

LEW FORD FAN CLUB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LEW FORD FAN CLUB

Postby JMinn1087 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:00 am

i got Lew Ford early this year off free agents and what hasnt this guy done. after last nites 2 for 5 2runs 1 HR 2 RBis this guy has me a believer. Ford is batting 324 with 32 R 9 HR 36 RBi with 6 Steals
and since they moved him down to third in the lineup from lead off hes just been great. how many other people just love everything this guy has done? Mark My Words on Dis he is dis years 2004 ROY
JMinn1087
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:15 am

I drafted Hidalgo as one of my OFers and Ford has filled in admirably. I just recently dropped Hidalgo so hopefully he'll keep it up the rest of the year. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:55 am

I picked him up after he started strong and dumped him as he slumped a little :,-(

Should have held on to him, but thought he was a flash...
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:10 pm

FOrd is not a flash......however, when healthy, Hunter, Stewart ans Jones start in the outfield and Ford......on the bench

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:56 pm

Ford will not get benched...that would be very stupid of the Twins manager to bench him.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:07 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:Ford will not get benched...that would be very stupid of the Twins manager to bench him.

I own Ford and he's been money, but Stewart ain't heading to the bench when he returns (though it looks like that his offseason signing is a complete waste) and it's doubtful LeCroy stops getting PT. Ford's gonna be taking a seat more often -- even though he's been their best player this year.

Speaking of stupid, Morneau's still in the minors.

As a note, Ford is not ROY eligible.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

a

Postby JOEG » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:27 pm

Does any tem need an Ofer????? along with Ford not getting any PT in a month, we'll have Kubel, Ryan, and Restovich just wasting away in AAA. Not to mention our 1B delima. I don't care who out of this group of 7 OFers we trade, but we need middle relief so bad... someones gotta need an OF?

PS - Ford is solid but playing way over his head - he was never projected to do much - however so are a lot of star players nowdays.. but just a FYI on his former prospect status...
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mr Last Place » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:35 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:Ford will not get benched...that would be very stupid of the Twins manager to bench him.

As a note, Ford is not ROY eligible.

Unless he went over the number of games on the roster requirement he's got the less than 130 ab's requirement

From MLB.com
"A player shall be considered a rookie unless, during a previous season or seasons, he has (a) exceeded 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues; or (b) accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club or clubs during the period of 25-player limit (excluding time in the military service and time on the disabled list). "
Mr Last Place
College Coach
College Coach

a

Postby JOEG » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:39 pm

Not sure about the rookie thing, not once has it been mentioned on a broadcast or on ESPN... probably because no one can believe he is playing so good!

Keep in mind we have this other rookie on our team that at the end of the year should be around 320/15/60 at least and playing like a gold glove catcher and has huge name value..... and is guarenteed AB's
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:44 pm

It is his days on the roster limit.

A friend of mine who's a Twins fan informed me the other day (as I thought he was also ROY eligible -- as has been mentioned incorrectly by several sources)
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers