Remarkably favorable splits.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Remarkably favorable splits..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Chopper » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:35 am

Finley
----------- AVG OBP SLG OPS
vs. Left--.213 .289 .388 .676
vs. Right .319 .385 .614 .999

Clayton - and other Rockies similar, if not as pronounced
------- R- HR -RBI -AVG OBP SLG OPS
Home 28 5 14 -.345 .417 .611 1.028
Away 18 1 - 7 - .235 .276 .319 .595

Pierre - sit on the road against lefties
-------- AVG
vs. Left .210
vs. Right .340
-------- AVG
Home .350
Away .277

Blalock - I'm not sitting him, but...
Home Avg: .346
Away Avg: .229
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 701
Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:40 am

alfonso soriano

129 AB: .341 with 19 runs, 19K @ home
126 AB: .246 with 9 runs, 34K on the road

these are the big differences. his power numbers are pretty evenly distributed. (5 @ home, 4 on the road).

also, he should NEVER swing at the first pitch. his average with 1-0 count: .450

and his average with an 0-1 count: .417

WOW. 8-o

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2767
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby funatic » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:44 am

benjapage wrote:alfonso soriano

129 AB: .341 with 19 runs, 19K @ home
126 AB: .246 with 9 runs, 34K on the road

these are the big differences. his power numbers are pretty evenly distributed. (5 @ home, 4 on the road).

also, he should NEVER swing at the first pitch. his average with 1-0 count: .450

and his average with an 0-1 count: .417

WOW. 8-o

b


I don't understand... .450 and .417? Both pretty good... do you mean swing and hit, and not swing and miss?
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 349
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chopper » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:45 am

One that's harder to plan for is something slomo pointed out. Feliz has been remarkable hitting ahead of Bonds. If he's batting 5th through 9th, however, he may not be worth using that day:
Feliz Splits
Scroll towards the bottom and check out the OBP and Slugging differences.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 701
Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:48 am

Chopper wrote:One that's harder to plan for is something slomo pointed out. Feliz has been remarkable hitting ahead of Bonds. If he's batting 5th through 9th, however, he may not be worth using that day:
Feliz Splits
Scroll towards the bottom and check out the OBP and Slugging differences.


You just have to hope Alou figures out this trend also....The numbers don't lie.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:54 am

Adam Everett
Home: .336
Away: .237

Lyle Overbay
Home: .386, 30 RBI
Away: .299, 18 RBI

Lew Ford
Home: .363, 24 RBI
Away: .276, 10 RBI

The most significant...
Corey Koskie
Home: .198
Away: .309
Image
NittanyLions
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Web Supporter
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh Rules

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:40 pm

slomo007 wrote:You just have to hope Alou figures out this trend also....The numbers don't lie.


True, but they do need a larger sample size
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact