Rank these 3B Prospects.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank these 3B Prospects..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Super GM » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:08 pm

drpiranha wrote:1. Wright is the best. He tore up AA and got promoted to AAA

There is no way that Wright tops Andy Marte. Marte has been consistently hitting well, no matter where he is. I'm not saying Wright is bad....I just think that Andy Marte is way better than him.

ImageAndy Marte

For more info on him logg on to: http://www.bravesbeat.com/andymarte.shtml
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:25 pm

I think that it's the total lack of stolen bases and the .263 average so far this year at double-A that have me projecting Wright as the better player.

By comparison, David was just promoted from Double-A where he hit .363 with 10 homers and a 39/41 bb/k ratio. He also stole 20 bases in 60 games.

By the way - in his first two games at triple-A, Wright is hitting .625 and has scored 4 runs.

But just comparing the two in their double-A stats, down the line, they seem almost identical. Except Wright hits for a much better average and steals some bags. And Marte's 21/62 bb/k ratio is nothing to get excited about.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby King Tim » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:52 pm

Longhorns76 wrote:I like McPherson. Looks more and more likely that Glaus will not return next season and Dallas has been tearing up the Texas League (AA). If he plays well next spring, he should set himself up like Bobby Crosby did this year with Oakland and the transition without Tejeda. Of course someone like Chone could change all of that next year.

But to tell you the truth, I don't know enough about Wright. In fact I don't know anything about him so I could (and may be completely) wrong.

I know this is a little of the subject but..........What is the possibility of McPherson and Mathis being dealt to K.C. for Beltran? The Angels have the cash to sign him long term and the prospects to offer that the other two (NYY and BOS) don't have. The Angels then pony up for Glaus and are right there with the other two talent wise.....just a thought

As far as the prospects go...Wright, Marte, and Stewart. Those are the top three but not necessarily in that order.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers