IN NEED PITCHING HELP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

IN NEED PITCHING HELP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:35 pm

THANKS FOR THE TIP ON STEWART.. I AM GOING TO GIVE HIM A TRY..... THAT SAVES ME MONEY FOR THE TIME BEING. IF HE STARTS TO SUCK OR DOESN'T PRODUCE THEN I WILL DROP HIM AND GO ELSEWHERE BUT THAT GIVES ME SOME $$ FOR SECURITY FOR A WHILE AT LEAST. THIS IS MY LINEUP NOW. I STILL NEED TO DO SOME BUILDING FOR THE RUN BUT THIS ISN'T A BAD START

PEDRO (11 MILL)
FREDDY GARCIA (7.5 MILL)
TIM HUDSON (6.61 MILL)
DERREK LOWE (4.40 MILL)
SCOTT STEWART (670 THOU)
~ SEE NOW AS LONG AS i AHVE A TRADE LEFT I CAN WAIVE PERDRO AFTER HIS PITCHING DAY. PICK UP SAY SHILLING WHO'S GOING THE NEXT DAY AND SWITCH BACK THE NEXT DAY AND HE'S BACK ON THE MOUND FOR HIS NEXT START. PUT I ONLY GET THREE TRADES A WEEK.

JOSH PHELPS-C (540 THOU)
SCOTT HATTEBERG- 1B (940 THOU)
ALFONSO SORIANO-2B (4.65 MILL)
FERNANDO TATIS-3B (1.78 MILL)
BARRY LARKIN-SS (1.54 MILL)

BARRY BONDS-OF (9.98 MILL)
LANCE BERKMAN-OF (7.71 MILL)
JOHNNY DAMON-OF (3.52 MILL)
JAY PAYTON-OF (580 THOU)

I DON'T

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:45 pm

THANKS FOR THE TIP ON STEWART.. I AM GOING TO GIVE HIM A TRY..... THAT SAVES ME MONEY FOR THE TIME BEING. IF HE STARTS TO SUCK OR DOESN'T PRODUCE THEN I WILL DROP HIM AND GO ELSEWHERE BUT THAT GIVES ME SOME $$ FOR SECURITY FOR A WHILE AT LEAST. THIS IS MY LINEUP NOW. I STILL NEED TO DO SOME BUILDING FOR THE RUN BUT THIS ISN'T A BAD START

PEDRO (11 MILL)
FREDDY GARCIA (7.5 MILL)
TIM HUDSON (6.61 MILL)
DERREK LOWE (4.40 MILL)
SCOTT STEWART (670 THOU)
~ SEE NOW AS LONG AS i AHVE A TRADE LEFT I CAN WAIVE PERDRO AFTER HIS PITCHING DAY. PICK UP SAY SHILLING WHO'S GOING THE NEXT DAY AND SWITCH BACK THE NEXT DAY AND HE'S BACK ON THE MOUND FOR HIS NEXT START. PUT I ONLY GET THREE TRADES A WEEK.

JOSH PHELPS-C (540 THOU)
SCOTT HATTEBERG- 1B (940 THOU)
ALFONSO SORIANO-2B (4.65 MILL)
FERNANDO TATIS-3B (1.78 MILL)
BARRY LARKIN-SS (1.54 MILL)

BARRY BONDS-OF (9.98 MILL)
LANCE BERKMAN-OF (7.71 MILL)
JOHNNY DAMON-OF (3.52 MILL)
JAY PAYTON-OF (580 THOU)

PAYTON AND LARKIN ARE JUST SPACE FILLERS FOR NOW. I NEED GUYS WHO WON'T GET ME ANY NEGATIVE POINTS AND ANYTHING THEY GET WILL BE A BONUS. ACTUALLY HATTEBERG IS A SPACE FILLER TOO AND PHELPS IS A YOUNG RISK BUT AT CATCHER I'M WILLING TO TAKE THAT RISK.I FIGURE WITH BONDS, BERKMAN, SORIANO, AND DAMON THAT SHOULD BE GOOD OFFENSIVE PRODUCTION.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:15 pm

Lots of good comments already - the Stewart tip should gain you quite a bit. ;-D

Just one further note: in the salary cap (or gm-style) leagues I've been in, the winning strategy has often been to use all available pitcher trades to switch around the highest-valued pitchers, as you suggested you would do with Pedro and Schilling. Apart from making sense in terms of points gained (since your trades are bringing you the highest possible return in terms of value and games pitched), this tactic should also bring in lots of extra cash, since many other players will be using it. In order to exploit this fully, though, you might consider using the Unit every once in a while.

The exception here is of course when there's a bandwagon to jump on in order to make a profit. I assume Weaver will have jumped quite a bit since the trade; Denny Neagle might be next, if he does in fact go to Pittsburgh. In those cases, making a profit is probably more important than getting an extra start from an ace.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers