Has any one seen the editors cut of "Donnie Darko" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Has any one seen the editors cut of "Donnie Darko"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has any one seen the editors cut of "Donnie Darko"

Postby irishdude103 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:52 pm

Has anyone seen it, if you have what do you think of it, i thought it was weird and strange but i just wanted to post summin on it to get some other responses by other people
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:42 pm

For me, it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishdude103 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:03 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:For me, it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

well why don't you go "suck a f@#$" lol
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BoSox4life » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:43 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:For me, it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Took the words right out of my mouth...such a messed up movie.
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:52 pm

it was a great movie till I realized it was about religion, then it sucked.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:45 pm

CrazyPooja90 wrote:it was a great movie till I realized it was about religion, then it sucked.

it was about religion, whta the f@#$ i thought it was just some random crap about a kid on drugs trying to kill a weird a@# bunny, who knew
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:29 pm

"The Manipulated Dead are more powerful than the Living Receiver. If a person dies within the Tangent Dimension, they are able to contact the Living Receiver through the Fourth Dimensional Construct."

DD is one of my all time favorites. Guess I'm just wierd. So what if the move is about religion on one layer? It's not like it preaches at anyone. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:32 pm

Amazinz wrote:"The Manipulated Dead are more powerful than the Living Receiver. If a person dies within the Tangent Dimension, they are able to contact the Living Receiver through the Fourth Dimensional Construct."

DD is one of my all time favorites. Guess I'm just wierd. So what if the move is about religion on one layer? It's not like it preaches at anyone. :-D

ok could you explain to me how it is about religion cuz i was sorta lst durin that movie
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:58 pm

irishdude103 wrote:ok could you explain to me how it is about religion cuz i was sorta lst durin that movie

The movie deals with religion in a number of ways if you look at Donnie as a Christ-figure. He has to make a choice between saving himself or saving the world. It also touches a lot of philosophical subjects such as man's fear of dying alone and the belief/disbelief in God's existence. If you're interested Google "Donnie Darko" read the various theories, go to DonnieDarko.com and read the secrets, read the Philosophy of Time Travel (written by the director) and than watch the DVD again. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:32 pm

Amazinz wrote:
irishdude103 wrote:ok could you explain to me how it is about religion cuz i was sorta lst durin that movie

The movie deals with religion in a number of ways if you look at Donnie as a Christ-figure. He has to make a choice between saving himself or saving the world. It also touches a lot of philosophical subjects such as man's fear of dying alone and the belief/disbelief in God's existence. If you're interested Google "Donnie Darko" read the various theories, go to DonnieDarko.com and read the secrets, read the Philosophy of Time Travel (written by the director) and than watch the DVD again. ;-)

ok thanks i might rent it again
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk