What's the scoop on Moose this week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's the scoop on Moose this week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the scoop on Moose this week?

Postby kcs261 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:44 pm

I wish I was in a daily transaction league, but I'm not. So I have to make a decision by tomorrow whether to play him this week. Anybody have any 'new' info on the Moose situation?
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mwb743s » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:50 pm

he said he did not even want to leave the game last week but they made him, but he does not expect top miss any more time. That is just what I read, if I find the article I will post it
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby mikey » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:56 pm

This came from Sporting News this evening:

Mike Mussina - P, Yankees June 13, 3:04 p.m.
Mussina (groin) likely will not start Thursday. "I'm assuming they'll just roll me into my next turn, which is (June 22)," Mussina said. That's just a guess, nobody has told me anything." Manager Joe Torre wants him to throw twice off a mound before making a decision on his next start.

Fantasy Source spin: Don't look for Moose until next week.
mikey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby red sox rule!!! » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:22 pm

Mike Mussina is feeling better but it is still uncertain whether he will be able to make his scheduled start this week.
During batting practice yesterday, Mussina stretched, played catch and lightly tested his groin. "I felt all right," Mussina said. "It's about what I expected. I did most everything and just took it casually." The Yankees are hopeful Mussina can pitch on Thursday, as Kevin Brown is also hobbled right now with a back injury, leaving only Tanyon Sturtze to fill in if needed.

This is from rotoworld. Im kind of dissapointed because I need him. The only other pitcher on my bench is andy pettitte. Looks like im gunna have to drop jay gibbons for a pitcher to start this week. He is the weakest link on my bench. Or maybe ill just plus in moose and take my chances.
red sox rule!!!
College Coach
College Coach

Postby frankgrimes » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:29 pm

I'm sitting him this week and starting Odalis Perez in his place.
As a Yankee fan I've heard a lot about Mussina and Brown the past few days and all signs are pointing towards them being extremely careful. I think what was said earlier about a 6/22 start is about what to expect.
frankgrimes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers