The Murders Row Oakland A's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Murders Row Oakland A's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Murders Row Oakland A's

Postby GSes » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:27 pm

Chavez goes down and to A's fans around the world it seemed as if we were in for a LONG frustrating season until Chavy got back. However the exact opposite, as The A's offense has no just been producing or been good they have been DESTROYING teams with the bats.

The A's have scored 82 runs 8-o 8-o 8-o in their last 7+ games.

Scott Hatteberg & Damian Miller are ranked 1 & 2 in RBI for the month of June in the AL.

Every player in the A's lineup has been swinging a hot stick and they have 3 GRAND SLAMS this week alone. If only the Big 3 got this kind of support all year long, you would have a trio of 20 game winners.

The A's team batting average and runs scored is now top 4 in the AL ahead of Boston 8-o 8-o

who would have thought the A's would have more runs scored through June 13, 2004 then the Boston Red Sox & The Anaheim Angels??????

Ok now obviously this amazing team hot streak isnt going to last, but look at the A's, every year this happens, as in the preseason all the experts and even ppl here at the cafe say they have no chance to compete or win the AL west, then they always do it and surprise everyone.

Currently 1.5 games ahead of Tex & Ana for 1st in the west and at 37-24 the A's have the 2nd best record in Baseball! ;-D ;-D

go A's!
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:31 pm

Maybe Chavez won't get his starting gig back.... 8-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Registered_Guest » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:31 pm

Last 8 days, the red hot Mark Kotsay 13-for-25 (.520) 8 runs
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby G-Man » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:36 pm

jermaine dye continues to be reliable, what a steal in the last round of my draft.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thetongueofire » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:43 pm

all hail Scott Hattenberg (finally Giambi's long awaited replacement has arrived :-D )...

... and btw where are all the people who said that losing Tejada and Hernendez would make A's offense worse than before? :-)
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Longhorns76 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:48 pm

Not an expert on the A's or anything but they know what they can replace and cannot. I think they knew that Chavez was vital for the long term success of the franchise and they locked him up for a while. They had confidence that Crosby was going to be a player. They have the right kind of players for the kind of ball they play. They will be in contention for years with Billy Beane as their GM. He has a hit more often than a miss which is better than most GM's can claim.

Now lets see Huston Streete!!
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:58 pm

G-Man wrote:jermaine dye continues to be reliable, what a steal in the last round of my draft.

He's far from reliable, lol. He's one of the streakiest players in the bigs. But, JD's on a hot streak now. ;-D

These A's sure do amaze me...they're getting the job done. Props to them. Eric Byrnes is really hot right now, as well. He seems to start sizzling early in the summer, but fizzle later on.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikey » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:58 pm

G-Man wrote:jermaine dye continues to be reliable, what a steal in the last round of my draft.

I picked him up off the waiver wire. :-B
mikey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ramble2 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:07 pm

When Chavez went down I was going to change my sig. Now, though, I'm thinking I should keep it. Apparently he's a helluva batting coach and cheerleader!
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 8)

Postby GSes » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:08 pm

Byrnes is on fire

Crosby is far and away the AL rookie of the year (avg is climbing an climbing every day)

Durazo is on pace to do what Beanne expected him to do when he traded for him 30HR,100RBI, A whole lot of BB, and a good average.

Hatteberg who is a good hitter, a professinal and patient hitter and is valuable to the A's just obviosly not that valuable of a Fantasty player.

Damian Miller thinks he is Jorge Posada with his 15 RBI in 3 games vs the Reds.

JD is on pace for a nice 30+HR & 100+RBI

Scutaro, who the A's got off waivers has been an incredible surprise replacement for the injured Ellis, as he is hitting over 280 and playing great defense.

Kotsay is showing why the A's traded Hernandez for him, a legit leadoff hitter who can set the table and hit for average.

The a's bench has been producing as well as guys like Billy Mcmillion, Mark Mclemore, and backup catcher Mellhuse (grand slam today) get the job done. Kielty is a solid guy, but he is not as good as Byrnesy and takes away Byrnes AB's.

How does this lineup of low budget (Higher market team rejects) get it done? Well Billy Beanne knows what he is doing.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers