What Should I Do With My Pitching Staff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What Should I Do With My Pitching Staff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What Should I Do With My Pitching Staff

Postby birty74 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:52 pm

I am in first in my league right now. Currently, the wheels are falling off. I'm dropping in points in my league on a nightly basis because of my pitching staff. After today, I'm beginning to fear that I might be looking at things to come. As a fantasy manager, I've always hated pitchers, and I'm beginning to get the feeling that they hate me. I've been losing a majority of my starts for about a month now, and no one seems capable of righting the ship.

I know my league configuration is tough to sort through, but I'm asking you all to give me your honest opinion. What can I do with these guys? Is there cause for concern? Should I sit tight? Move to more middle relievers? Deal a bat for another pitcher?

I thought dealing for Kevin Millwood would do the trick. That was more than a month ago, and he's been awful. Do I need an ace?

Help. I want to finally win this damn league, and I fear I'm watching it slip away.

Matt

The Wild West of fantasy baseball leagues: 9-team, straight draft, mixed league with no IP or AB limits. Corner infield and middle infield positions are interchangeable (Pujols in the CI slot in place of a third baseman; Kent in the MI slot in place of a shortstop). Stat categories: Offensive- R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, OPS, Pitching- IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, H, ER, BB, K, ERA. My Team: Offensive Starters- Javy Lopez, Albert Pujols, Jeff Kent, Scott Rolen, Miguel Tejada, Carl Crawford, Andruw Jones,
Garret Anderson, Jeromy Burnitz [Util]. Bench- Mark Teixeira, Jason Varitek, Sean Burroughs, Hideki Matsui, Mark Bellhorn. DLTrot Nixon. Pitching- Johan Santana, Jose Acevedo, Livan Hernandez, Brad Penny, Kevin Millwood, Mariano Rivera, Jose Valverde, Francisco Cordero, Ben Sheets, Danys Baez, John Thomson.
birty74
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

By The Way...

Postby birty74 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:53 pm

...Here is where I rank in each stat category:

OFFENSIVE

Runs: 1st (by 9 runs)
Hits: 1st (by 14 hits)
2B: 5th
3B: 2nd
HR: 2nd
RBI: 1st (by 39 RBI)
SB: 4th
BB: 7th
K: 4th
OPS: 2nd
AVG: 2nd

PITCHING

IP: 6th
W: 9th
L: 6th
CG: 2nd
SHO: Tied for 9th
SV: 2nd
H: 6th
ER: 6th
BB: 5th
K: 2nd
ERA: 4th
birty74
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:03 pm

Who is available as a FA? I would drop Acevedo for another pitcher if I were you...he was good for a while, but I don't think he'll do much from here on. Offense looks solid, it's your pitching that could be better. But don't make any harsh moves with your staff, I just think that Acevedo is someone you could move.
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers