effect of trade on beltrans fantasy value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

effect of trade on beltrans fantasy value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

effect of trade on beltrans fantasy value

Postby bibsybob » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:49 pm

If he goes to a place like petco or dodger stadium, i think we can all agree his fantasy value drops.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:52 pm

If he goes to the Dodgers (which he won't) then his value would drop some. I actually think his value would remain about the same at Petco, the stadium won't be nearly as bad later into the summer. Balls will be flying out of there pretty well.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby kaz » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:01 am

I think he will end up with the Yankees in which case his value would sky rocket, because most likely he would be batting second in that lineup, which tons and tons of run scoring ops, as well as RBIs.
"They invented the All-Star Game for Willie Mays." -Ted Williams
kaz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:03 am

I'm not sure that any park in particular is going to diminish Beltran's value. Being traded to a bad team may affect R/RBI but he's mostly likely going to go to a contender. It's not like he is a huge HR hitter, he can still get 25-30 HRs this year no matter where he goes. His value will most likely rise by going to a contender because R/RBIs will mostly likely increase too. The exception would be going to a team that doesn't utilize his speed. If his SBs drop substantially then his value would too.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:09 am

I agree with Amazinz...I don't think a trade to a particular park will drop his value that much....I think it will more be the team that he is (possibly) traded to that will effect his value more... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:10 am

If he goes to the Dodgers (which he won't) then his value would drop some. I actually think his value would remain about the same at Petco, the stadium won't be nearly as bad later into the summer. Balls will be flying out of there pretty well.

As a Brian Giles owner, I hate to disagree, but, San Diego is a pretty temperate place. The weather doesn't change much at all, as they don't exactly have "seasons." It's usually low 80s year round. I don't think anything's going to change ball park wise.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Return to Baseball Leftovers