Please rate my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team

Postby pitcher » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:26 pm

I am in a 10 team, mixed, roto league that uses 30 scoring categories (which means that at bats, games played, innings count as much as RBIs and homers). We have 30 team rosters and start the regular positions with 2 catchers, IF and utility and 3 extra outfielders, with daily roster changes. Here is my roster

Catchers:
Mike Lieberthal
Javy Lopez

Infielders:
Mike Sweeney
Roberto Alomar
Aramis Ramirez
Rich Aurilia
Paul Konerko
Orlando Cabrera
Brad Fullmer
D'Angelo Jimenez
Adam Kennedy

Outfielders:
Moises Alou
Andruw Jones
Cliff Floyd
Austin Kearns
Brad Wilkerson
Bernie Williams
Carl Crawford

Starters:
Curt Schilling
Pedro Martinez
Bartolo Colon
Kerry Wood
Rodrigo Lopez
Vincente Padilla
Chan Ho Park
Horacio Ramirez

Bullpen:
John Smoltz
Tim Worrell
Steve Kline
Mike MacDougal
pitcher

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BoSox2003 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:49 pm

your Catching looks solid, you infeild is very consistant and has a lot of players that will be sucessful in a 30 cat. league. You outfeild looks very risky and i think you should try to add to that (probably by trading away some extra infeilders who you dont think will be as consistant as they are just good in one catagorie ( Fullmer, Jimenez but you NEED to hold on to Carbrera). You SP is great! 3 practically definate 20 gm winners with K Wood putting up at least 17. You closing looks decent, Smoltz is going to be Smoltz but i reccomend you trade Worell as soon as Nenn gets healthy again as his IP will drop a lot.

IF all goes wrong i reccomend you trade Kerry Wood for a decent closer (Urbina, Mesa if your lucky) and a solid OF a .295-25-90.
Good Luck

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
BoSox2003
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pitcher » Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you have any suggestion as to outfielders I should try to pick up in return for Fullmer or Jiminez? Right now I have Aurilia and Cabrera at SS and Alomar and Kennedy at second, so I could easily trade away one second baseman and one shortstop for better outfielders. Obviously, though I won't be able to get top 10 outfielders for them. Any suggestions.

One of the owners in my league is obsessed with getting Yankees at any cost so I am trying to con him into giving me Bonds for Bernie Williams. He already made equally stupid trades, giving me Wood for Petitte and giving another owner Shawn Green for Matsui.
pitcher

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BoSox2003 » Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:10 am

I think that the idea of trying to deal Bernie to this yankees fan is a pretty good idea, but keep in mind he is a very valuble player for the timeof league you head and he has started off the season solid. I you can not get Bonds out of him i reccomend you try to deal him Bernie for a very good RP of his, since you will eventually need another one, along with the relieve pitcher if you could try to squeeze out another middle of the line batter you would be in great shape to start in the market for an Good OF. IF he doesnt have a RP who is equally valuable as Bernie, Keep Bernie.
Since you have such good flexibility in the Middle infeild its gonna be good for trading. For 2B i would say you try to hold on to alomar he is more then likley to have a great rebound year, and i beilve Kennedy is slightly overrated. In terms of SS both are, again, fairly even. I am a huge Cabrera fan and i think that he may have the slight advantage, they are both even untill Stolen Bases in which i predict Carbrera to have 17-22 more. Thats the tiebreaker, yet either of these guys would be good in deals.
The Trades you could work with are infinant i would say if your able to deal Kennedy with someone like Alou of Aurlia for a Good OF like Pat Burrell who could be a solid addition to your OF. Keep Kearns who i feel will be a great player.

Good luck and im glad to help

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
BoSox2003
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team