Anyone else getting worried about HINSKE...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone else getting worried about HINSKE...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone else getting worried about HINSKE...?

Postby Clevelander » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:33 pm

i 'know' it's early but his bat ain't swinging...i thought he was a steal as a later round 3B grab but instead i'm getting itchy fingers in grabbing a 1Bman (i have pujols at 1B now). other players on the wire are t.martinez, fullmer, and simon. i'm going to sit for the weekend and watch him more closely before jumping but if i don't see a change in him i may go for a cheap trade or drop.

anyone else WAITING for a sign of life in him...?
Last edited by Clevelander on Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:51 pm

Way too early to be worrying about dropping someone the caliber of Hinske. It's only 4 games in. Also, it doesn't sound like there's really any worth replacement for him. Stand pat.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:31 pm

I'd look to trade him, but never drop him. The best to do was to do what I did and avoid him this year but since you have him, trade him to someone who needs a third baseman.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dylan » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:57 pm

I benched him until he shows me somthing. luckily i had david bell as his back up
dylan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:19 pm

too early... 4 games in? Hinske admitted in the opener that he was swinging way too hard... full Skydome and Clemens had him nervous. I think he'll avoid the sophomore slump, just give him some time to heat up.
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Baseball Leftovers