Bret Boone and Javy Lopez: What to do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bret Boone and Javy Lopez: What to do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bret Boone and Javy Lopez: What to do?

Postby gillaniack » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:02 pm

Are these guys long term solutions for their fantasy positions both are currently doing terrible and Im debating on making moves at C and 2B. Anybody have a suggestion on whether to hold on to them or deal?
gillaniack
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:09 pm

Javy is having a pretty decent year: .301, 7 HR, 32 RBI. But chances are if you have him you over-valued him due to last years numbers. I don't think he will come close to last year's numbers but trading him isn't a very good option unless you can upgrade to Piazza/Posada/Pudge or Martinez/Estrada/Wilson are still sitting on the FA list. He is still an excellent option at the position.

Boone is definitely a dilemma. I think you have to sit on him and hope he turns it around. Possibly, you could grab an overachieving 2B to ride for awhile. Depending on your league, trading Boone is most likely not an option. 2B is not very deep and you'd probably take a big hit right now in a trade.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikcou » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:14 pm

Boone seems to be turning it around recently so hopefully he will continue on that
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:16 pm

Amazinz wrote:Javy is having a pretty decent year: .301, 7 HR, 32 RBI. But chances are if you have him you over-valued him due to last years numbers. I don't think he will come close to last year's numbers but trading him isn't a very good option unless you can upgrade to Piazza/Posada/Pudge or Martinez/Estrada/Wilson are still sitting on the FA list. He is still an excellent option at the position.

Boone is definitely a dilemma. I think you have to sit on him and hope he turns it around. Possibly, you could grab an overachieving 2B to ride for awhile. Depending on your league, trading Boone is most likely not an option. 2B is not very deep and you'd probably take a big hit right now in a trade.

agreed ... agreed .
On both players ...

The offers I have been getting for Boone are pathetic. No way I trade him or release him. Currently he sits in place of Hairston (ARZ). But I will be sticking Boone back in next week, unless Hairston has an insane weekend
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:19 pm

also agree on the points on lopez and boone.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers