Fox TV baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fox TV baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PresHabib » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:26 am

You hate Boomer? He's awesome! Remember "Orestes 'emotially' destrada"?? that was awesome!
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:26 am

I know that wasn't directed at me but I'm not a big fan. He seems like he is above the network. He is really a self promoter that can't be found except for special events. I could do without him.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Fool42 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:47 am

Harry Carrey at least in his last 5 or 6 years was nothing but a slurring drunk who couldn't see the field well enough to make a correct call.
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PresHabib » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:09 am

Lofunzo wrote:I know that wasn't directed at me but I'm not a big fan. He seems like he is above the network. He is really a self promoter that can't be found except for special events. I could do without him.

That is true actually...he does primarily do the big things...the question I pose though...is that because he thinks he is above the network or is it because he's been at ESPN longer than anybody else and he gets to do the cool things if he wants to? I.e. exercising tenure?
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MashinSpuds » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:48 am

Forget the bad announcers, for the worst thing about Fox TV baseball is how they sometimes run the commercials so long that you miss an at bat. I remember watching a Sox game once and when they came back from commercial Manny was shown rounding 2nd base. They did this delayed return every time there was a break.

Fox is just full of greedy bastards...
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:55 am

PresHabib wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I know that wasn't directed at me but I'm not a big fan. He seems like he is above the network. He is really a self promoter that can't be found except for special events. I could do without him.

That is true actually...he does primarily do the big things...the question I pose though...is that because he thinks he is above the network or is it because he's been at ESPN longer than anybody else and he gets to do the cool things if he wants to? I.e. exercising tenure?

I think that it's both. I have just seen enough of him. He was nowhere to be found during the Stanley Cup finals yet there he was after game 7, butchering up names as usual.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:56 am

MashinSpuds wrote:Forget the bad announcers, for the worst thing about Fox TV baseball is how they sometimes run the commercials so long that you miss an at bat. I remember watching a Sox game once and when they came back from commercial Manny was shown rounding 2nd base. They did this delayed return every time there was a break.

Fox is just full of greedy bastards...

That's the way most sports are broadcast nowadays. Even football is like that :-t

Advertising is truly becoming a problem. I think the public should boycott the brands they repeatedly advertise DURING the games, not during the commercial breaks where they should be....but during the games is ridiculous...might as well watch non-stop commercials. This message was brought to you by Coca-Cola.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Chris Berman.

thanks funz that was driving me crazy.oh yeah another thing about berman.....how many names is he going to give himself.ie...boomer,swami.c'mon guy come back to earth.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk