Fox TV baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fox TV baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby G-Man » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:38 pm

mwb743s wrote:why does everybody hate on the Fox Sports guys? I personally like McCarver and Buck, but maybe it is the St. Louis connection they both have.

why do I hate joe buck?

easy. because whenever mccarver is talking, that goof buck does this idiotic glance back towards the camera, with this half inquisitve/half smirk look on his face that makes me want to kill my television. wow that felt good to get off of my chest :-°
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Smizzy » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:39 pm

Tim McCarver=Anti Christ
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DL » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:04 am

I personally have my doubts about anyone who would like Tim McCarver OR Joe Morgan...in the sense that I would really doubt the person's knowledge of baseball. These guys are complete morons.

Did anyone hear Morgan the other night talking about why the A's have been so good in interleague play? According to Joe, it is because when you face them in a 3-game series, you will see at least 2 out of the 3 big guns (Hudson, Zito, & Mulder)...Are you kidding me? What can you say to that?...just shake your head. I just don't know how the networks tolerate these people.

On a more recent note...does anyone hate Jeff Brantley as much as I do? And who is the worst ever? Is it McCarver?...you gotta throw John Madden, Joe Thiesmann, & Dan Dierdorf from football in there too...this is a great topic to vent about...I actually mute the television sometimes when these guys are talking. Ahh!!!
DL
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:13 am

mwb743s wrote:why does everybody hate on the Fox Sports guys? I personally like McCarver and Buck, but maybe it is the St. Louis connection they both have.

They both are homers....if either of them could call a game objectivly...as should be by a national broadcast crew....then I could take them...but they can't....even in the game today, Little Joe made a comment about the Cards.... :-P
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DL » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:14 am

I'd like to put Don Sutton from TBS on the table too!
DL
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Spokes » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:14 am

For those of you in the So Cal area, how about listening to a Rex Hudler/Steve Physioc broadcast? Pure torture. Amazing they are in the same city with the almightly Vin Scully.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PresHabib » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:41 pm

I don't mind Jeff Brantley. I dont LIKE him necessarily, but I don't get pissed off if I see him on baseball tonight one night or if I have to listen to him call a game.

If you wanna talk ESPN guys I can't stand...you have to look at Kruk, but my BIG one i hate is Rob Dibble. EVERY SINGLE THING he says is related to how he used to be a pitcher, and I can't stand people who are in love with talking about themselves the way he is. And also, I can't stand how everything he says is in hindsight.

For example (and its not the best, just the most recent)...last night, I'm sure most of us saw Ronnie Belliard beat out the would-be inning ending force play that extended the inning for Crisp's 3 run double. Now, despite the fact that he was going to his right, on the run, Dibble started chastising the second baseman for making the wrong play because "you have to know that the runner at first has speed and he's a hustler and that he'll beat out any ball hit to you". Thats such crap, if not solely for the reason that Dibble wouldn't have said anything had the runner been called out (which he WOULD have if the shortstop was where he was supposed to, acting as a first baseman on the second base bag). It's like...I suppose every time a guy with speed is on first with two outs, you should never ever go the short way to second because you should know better. {edit} I hate Rob Dibble.

I also want to point out that when I started this thread, it was to smile at the abscence of Scooter the talking baseball. :-P

**edit....can't let those words slide PresHabib... :-/ ...DHC**
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:40 pm

DL wrote:I'd like to put Don Sutton from TBS on the table too!

That's kind of kinky eh. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:48 pm

BY THE WAY I HATE THE GUY ON ESPN GEEZ I FORGOT HIS NAME.HE DOES THE FOOTBALL STUFF BUT HE ALSO DOES BASEBALL GAMES.CHRIST WHAT IS HIS NAME.....HE MAKES UP THE NAMES .....YOU KNOW THE FAT GUY AT ESPN HE'S BEEN THERE FOR YEARS.YOU KNOW "STAN DIEGO HUMPRIES & NATRON MEANS BUSINESS.ANY WAY HE LOVES THE SAN FRAN GIANTS & ALL HE DOES IS LATHER UP BARRY BONDS.HE NEVER MENTIONED THE STEROID STUFF WHEN HE DID THE GAME IN THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON HE IS A TOTAL JOKE & HE CALLS A TERRIBLE GAME.DAMN I'M DRAWING A BLANK WHAT THE HELL IS HIS NAME.....HIS HOME RUN CALL IS ....BACK BACK BACK BACK.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:51 pm

Chris Berman.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk