MLB TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:56 pm

redsox588 wrote:i saw something about blackout restrictions and a 100 dollar charge....i didnt really know what it meant, if it meant nothing or i dont know

I have heard nothing about a $100 charge. As for the blackouts, the video is provided by DirecTV. The blackouts work the same. If you are in the NY area and the Yanks/Padres game is shown on the Padres channel, then it will be blacked out.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby redsox588 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:59 pm

so does that mean I dont get a lot of game or are there just rare exceptions......also for system requirements, if i'm able to watch the highlights on MLB.COM with a 350k requirement i'll be able to watch the games right?
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eftda » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:03 pm

I think i'm just going to order it with the money I got for Graduating High School. Now I just need to get a quality Real one player. :-?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tmoney » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:03 pm

I just signed up last week and it has been great. Dont worry, no strings attached. Its not like you are dealing with a shady company who is trying to rip you off. The only thing I dont like is the blackout restrictions. I am in Iowa and would like to watch the White Sox games, but they are blacked out because I am in the local coverage area. I can see almost every White Sox game on FSN and WGN, but every so often they dont show a game on those channels and it would be nice to see those on MLB.TV.
I also cant get Cubs, Twins, Cards, KC, or Brewers games. That is my only gripe, but I still like seeing the other games!
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby redsox588 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:05 pm

I live in new york, so basically the only teams that would be blacked out would be the yankees and mets?
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:06 pm

redsox588 wrote:so does that mean I dont get a lot of game or are there just rare exceptions......also for system requirements, if i'm able to watch the highlights on MLB.COM with a 350k requirement i'll be able to watch the games right?

Yes. I think that is the minimum requirement. Blackouts are the exception and not the norm.

eftda wrote:I think i'm just going to order it with the money I got for Graduating High School. Now I just need to get a quality Real one player. :-?

I use Real Player V10 and it works great. You can also use Windows Media Player.

redsox588 wrote:I live in new york, so basically the only teams that would be blacked out would be the yankees and mets?

Yes. I would think that they won't be as long as the feed is from NY.
Last edited by Lofunzo on Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby redsox588 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:09 pm

as long as i get red sox games im happy
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:10 pm

redsox588 wrote:as long as i get red sox games im happy

And as long as they lose, I'm happy. :-D
Lofunzo

Postby tmoney » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:10 pm

Go to this link:
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_tv.jsp?partnerId=mlbhpvideo
Near the bottom it discusses blackout restrictions. There is a box that says, select a team. Click on that and select a team in your area. It will list all the zip codes that have blackout restrictions for that team.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby redsox588 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:17 pm

thanks.....
all games live?
redsox588
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext