Remember that Soriano Trade Rumor? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Remember that Soriano Trade Rumor?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:44 am

The Mets WILL NOT do that trade.

Mark it here first.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bibsybob » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:55 pm

so... time to trade soriano while ppl still think he can rebound. Gotta do it soon before his value drops too low lol
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:03 pm

slomo007 wrote:Soriano batting leadoff again?? That would be a thing of beauty! Thanks for the article link...

I would take Soriano hitting 9th in Texas with that lineup and ballpark than hitting leadoff in Shea.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:04 pm

wrveres wrote:
Amazinz wrote: The Mets are likely becoming sellers very soon despite what the NY media wants. Just my $.02. ;-)

very true ... ;-D

I think that the Mets are gonna make a splash in the FA market in the offseason. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby slomo007 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:05 pm

I'd rather see Soriano hit 20 HRs and steal 30-40 bases, than hit 30 HRs and steal (maybe) 20 bases.

SBs are more valuable, so that's where his value lies IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Amazinz wrote: The Mets are likely becoming sellers very soon despite what the NY media wants. Just my $.02. ;-)

very true ... ;-D

I think that the Mets are gonna make a splash in the FA market in the offseason. :-?

I think the Mets will make a splash in the off season, also. But unless they believe they are true contenders now (which they are not) they could get a lot of value and add to their youth movement for next year by selling now. Here's a quote from the Mets Blog at the Star Ledger that sums it up for me.

<i>So let me go on the record as saying, I think the Mets should be sellers. Sell off all the veterans they can. Weathers, Stanton, Vance Wilson, even Leiter, Trachsel, and Glavine -- anyone who either doesn't have a no-trade clause or has one and would agree to go. Shut Cameron down and let him have surgery on both his hand and his toe. Release Super Joe, Ice Williams, and Scott Erickson, and force John Franco to retire.</i>
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GameOn » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:50 pm

There is no way the Rangers would trade Soriano this season. Long term I think it is a decent deal but the rangers are in position to make a post season run and if they gave up soriano that would really hurt them, I doubt Reyes will play again this year. Something might happen this offseason, but unless the Rangers are out by the trade deadline Soriano will be in a Rangers uniform all season no doubt.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby slomo007 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:54 pm

I think the Rangers will trade Soriano during the season....if they had no intentions to do so, why wouldn't they speak up and say that he's off limits for the season...no sense in letting these rumors circulate, distracting Alfonso, if they are completely false.

If they had no intentions of trading him this year, we would have heard them say that by now.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:26 pm

For what's it worth, it certainly appears that the Rangers are shopping Soriano becuase of his contract and future arbitration considerations.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:31 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:

very true ... ;-D

Yes, so do I ... There will be of ton of "Past their prime" veterans for the Mets to invest in this offseason. ;-7

Which means they will need to free up money this year .... or now!

And for all you people that have Jose Reyes in the HOF allready.
the guy, has had one good month ...

ONE!

This list of people with better talent than him, that never amounted to anything, is way to long to post in this forum.

one fricking month ... one. ... and he played three .. :-]
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers