What active players are a lock RIGHT NOW for the Hall? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What active players are a lock RIGHT NOW for the Hall?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:57 pm

big shot wrote:nomar, kent boone have acomplished more in there short careers than biggio did his whole career. visquel should get in for his feilding alone. if ozzies in then why not put vizzy in. just another case of latin american ballplayers not getting the respect they deserve

Omar? Lol. He's not even close to Ozzie. If you would like proof, i would be happy to indulge you. Boone? Lol. Listen, i like Boone. He's a Mariner. But i don't know of many guys in the HOF with a OPS+ of 104. 100 is average. Boones became a player in 01. He had too many below average years before that. This thread shows that Biggio might have been the most underrated player of the 90's.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:08 am

HOOTIE wrote:
big shot wrote:nomar, kent boone have acomplished more in there short careers than biggio did his whole career. visquel should get in for his feilding alone. if ozzies in then why not put vizzy in. just another case of latin american ballplayers not getting the respect they deserve

Omar? Lol. He's not even close to Ozzie. If you would like proof, i would be happy to indulge you. Boone? Lol. Listen, i like Boone. He's a Mariner. But i don't know of many guys in the HOF with a OPS+ of 104. 100 is average. Boones became a player in 01. He had too many below average years before that. This thread shows that Biggio might have been the most underrated player of the 90's.

Hootie.......Ozzie got in with his defense and so might Vizquel. Omar will beat Ozzie in most offensive cats when he's done.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby big shot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:08 am

fellas , i really dont feel like reading 9 pages about craig biggio. im sure it has something to do with him playing 3 positions and hitting lead off homeruns. big woop. fine we wont link ss and 2bs together. maybe boone was a stretch, but no way biggio makes it in over kent, alamar, etc etc remember they cant put everyone in the hall of fame and everytime biggios name pops up on the ballot there will be 3 or 4 guys that will make it in over him.
big shot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spiegs1106 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:37 am

big shot wrote:CRAIG BIGGIO HALL OF FAME

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????????????????

ryne sandberg didnt even make the hall of fame

look at the middle infeilders who would make it before biggio

alamar
larkin
jeter
tejada
nomar
soriano
kent
arod
visquel (sp?)
bret boone
steve sax

the list gos on and on

when are that whole list going to retire...maybe like 10 years. Biggio will be in HOF before any of them retire besided a couple.
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:03 pm

Just realized that this has nothing to do with fantasy baseball. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby DK » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:39 pm

big shot wrote:fellas , i really dont feel like reading 9 pages about craig biggio. im sure it has something to do with him playing 3 positions and hitting lead off homeruns.

Wrong.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:04 am

Lofunzo wrote:Hootie.......Ozzie got in with his defense and so might Vizquel. Omar will beat Ozzie in most offensive cats when he's done.

Omar's defense was good, but light years behind Ozzies. And Omar wasn't a better hitter. Omar will be eliminated after his 1st year when he fails to get 5% to stay on ballot.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:20 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Hootie.......Ozzie got in with his defense and so might Vizquel. Omar will beat Ozzie in most offensive cats when he's done.

Omar's defense was good, but light years behind Ozzies. And Omar wasn't a better hitter. Omar will be eliminated after his 1st year when he fails to get 5% to stay on ballot.

Omar's defense was good but so were a lot of other SS. Ozzie had the better glove. Their offensive numbers are pretty similar except Ozzie has over 250 more SB's than Omar. Bottom line, no way Omar gets in.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Previous

Return to General Talk