R-E-S-P-E-C-T - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby matmat » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:55 am

Tavish wrote:I am all for defense and slow pace games, but constant, unforced turnovers and poor shooting is just not interesting in the pro game. I'll wait for the NCAA season to roll around to watch an 80-70 game.

college games are so much more fun to watch. it's amazing... although I do have to admit that I did enjoy watching that Lakers look completely lost and throw away the ball a bunch of times today...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:21 am

Tavish wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:I thought people who watch baseball would be a little more tolerant of defense and a slow pace...

I am all for defense and slow pace games, but constant, unforced turnovers and poor shooting is just not interesting in the pro game. I'll wait for the NCAA season to roll around to watch an 80-70 game.

another person who hasent seen the light.

It couldnt possibly be because the Pistons pressure EVERYTHING and contest EVERY shot that there are turnovers and missed shots, could it? Give credit where credit is due. This is one of the absolute best defensive teams to hit the NBA in a couple decades.

Kobe had 1 point in the first half! Was it because he was missing his shots? No - It was because he couldnt get a good look at the basket. Thats what happens when you put someone on him who can contest every shot with a wingspan of a 7-footer. Teyshawn OWNED Kobe last night.

BTW - for those of you who think the Pistons have to sweep at home to have a chance - have you even been paying attention? It took a chuck and a prayer for the Fakers to escape getting swept at home already! So much for home court advantage - this is simply dominance. The Pistons are the better team.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:34 pm

If you look back in the archives I have a post about how i hate Shaq and how he is a terrible player...of course this is based on my opinion.....go PISTONS..

Also, how dare Kobe be Compared to Jordan!! How dare they!!! Look at jordans supporting cast...no where near as good as Kobe's...

Jordan best ever

;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:54 am

3-1 series lead.

Enough said.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:07 am

acsguitar wrote:If you look back in the archives I have a post about how i hate Shaq and how he is a terrible player...of course this is based on my opinion.....

Wow. That's one of the worst opinions I've ever seen. Shaq is the most dominant player in basketball. He could make any team a playoff contender. You might not like the way he gets it done, but you can't deny he's probably the most valuable player in the NBA, and has been for a long time. Kobe is a WNBAer compared to Shaq. I hate Kobe, he's so over-rated :-P

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:42 am

LBJackal wrote:Wow. That's one of the worst opinions I've ever seen. Shaq is the most dominant player in basketball.

i severely dislike Shaq (well, the basketball player), but I have to agree with the above... he is a monster... the reason the lakers suck is because kobe's ego is waaaaay too big...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:49 am

matmat wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Wow. That's one of the worst opinions I've ever seen. Shaq is the most dominant player in basketball.

i severely dislike Shaq (well, the basketball player), but I have to agree with the above... he is a monster... the reason the lakers suck is because kobe's ego is waaaaay too big...

I agree with all of this except that the Lakers are a big ego party that can't pay the cover charge. They don't feel the need to work. I don't see it as being Kobe. I see it as everyone. They feel that they just need to show up, especially with their new all-stars this season.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby matmat » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:I agree with all of this except that the Lakers are a big ego party that can't pay the cover charge. They don't feel the need to work. I don't see it as being Kobe. I see it as everyone. They feel that they just need to show up, especially with their new all-stars this season.

mailing it in, just mailing it in ;)
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:53 am

matmat wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I agree with all of this except that the Lakers are a big ego party that can't pay the cover charge. They don't feel the need to work. I don't see it as being Kobe. I see it as everyone. They feel that they just need to show up, especially with their new all-stars this season.

mailing it in, just mailing it in ;)

That's what I'm saying. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:00 am

One more to go!

Had it not been for Kobe's lucky shot in game 2, this series is over.

Apparantly, Rasheed feels the same way Bird did when they send out a white guy to cover him.

Is there anyone out there that still thinks LA will come back and win the championship?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk