Keeper Strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper Strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Strategy

Postby pibb55 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:55 pm

Im in a keeper league that were drafting tonight, rules state that we can keep all except players that are becoming free agents, should I draft players like Beltran, Pedro, Berkman, Delgado in the same spots or not draft any free agents?
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:01 pm

So you can keep a player until he becomes a FA IRL? What happens if he resigns with the same team does he still re-enter the player pool? That's an interesting way to run a keeper.

I would definitely avoid contract-year players until they fell to a point where they were to good to pass up. If Beltran is sitting there in Round 3, I think you have to grab him despite losing him next year. Don't lose sight of winning this year just because it's a keeper.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ensanimal » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:06 pm

at what date do they have to have a contract to be able to keep them? Is their a date in the offseason that if they've signed by you can keep them, or is it as soon as the season is over? what about if the sign a contract during the year?

so many questions, i know, but i've never heard of a league like this, and it intrigues me. :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Return to Baseball Leftovers