Delgado's injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delgado's injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Delgado's injury

Postby Jamescloud16 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:00 am

Can anyone tell me how serious they think he's hurt? He's still a nice low buy candidate and I'm thinking of picking him up.

What's the word?
Jamescloud16
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jms64796 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:05 am

Jun 9 The Blue Jays placed first baseman Carlos Delgado on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday, but since he's been out for more than a week now the move was made retroactive to May 30. Delgado has been sidelined by a strained rib cage, but might be ready to return to the lineup when he becomes eligible to do so next Monday. "We're shooting for him to be able to swing the bat this weekend," Carlos Tosca told the team's web site. "He hasn't hit off the tee or anything yet. What we're trying to do with him is make sure that he's clear to come back pain-free. We've lost him for close to 10 days now and if we tried to push the issue with him and that thing (strained rib cage) grabs him again, now you're looking at 25 to 30 days."

Views: Delgado's predicament will leave fantasy owners in the lurch with him again this weekend. Last weekend Tosca said that he hoped he would be back on Tuesday, leaving fantasy baseballers to guess on whether to put him in their lineups. Now it looks like we'll be in the same boat again for next week…unless the team definitively says they will be activating him on Monday. We'll keep you posted.
jms64796
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jamescloud16 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:08 am

Thanks. With his no-trade clause and price tag, it doesn't look like many teams in contention will go after him. If he stays in Toronto, what are the thoughts on him starting to hit again?

I may trade a guy like Paul Wilson or Colon for him.
Jamescloud16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:14 pm

Jamescloud16 wrote:Thanks. With his no-trade clause and price tag, it doesn't look like many teams in contention will go after him. If he stays in Toronto, what are the thoughts on him starting to hit again?

I may trade a guy like Paul Wilson or Colon for him.

Tha's a *little* too low for a stud like Delgado. I traded Beckett and Nevin for Delgado. I needed to free up a roster spot, and I had no need for Nevin. Beckett hasn't really been everything I've thought he should be...especially with the new found blister problems. Delgado will be fine. He's a real consistent producer throughout his career. It wouldn't surprise me if this injury has been bothering him since the beginning of the year, and affecting his numbers. Hopefully he'll come off the DL completely healthy and back to his old ways.

I still think he's gonna get traded to a team like the Dodgers before the year is over...ESPECIALLY if Beltran goes to the Padres like predicted.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers