Ramon Ortiz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ramon Ortiz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ramon Ortiz

Postby Surfs up » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:56 am

Anybody think Ramon Ortiz is worth picking up for a buck? Rumors have it he could be traded or move back into the rotation. I need K's and if he does get a starting job he could help . He was once known as Little Pedro. Any Angel fans got the inside scoop?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 184)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:06 pm

You don't have to be an Angels fan to know this one. Ortiz will eventually either get some starts for Anaheim or will be traded, as he's reportedly unhappy in the bullpen.

As for the "Little Pedro" reference, that's true, but it never had anything much to do with reality. They're from the same country, Pedro is his idol, etc. Plus the name took hold for a bit a few years back when Ortiz pitched the best game of his life in outdueling Pedro in a terrific pitcher's duel. ( I was called "Little Sandy" when I was a little kid. Like Koufax, I threw left, batted right, and he was my favorite player. Trust me, that's as much as we had in common.)

Ortiz was a prospect of note...until it was discovered that he was about three years older than originally listed.

Is he worth a buck? No! Ortiz is a negative value pitcher whose presence on a roto roster is a liability.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers