Joe Mauer - when will you pick him up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Joe Mauer - when will you pick him up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joe Mauer - when will you pick him up?

Postby cwebb » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:44 pm

For all players in keeper leagues out there: Do you plan to pick up Joe Mauer this season already?

Will you wait for the year he comes to the majors and then try to grab him? Or will you bid high money in next year's draft, or did you already draft him?

Don't tell Arlo but I've been toying with the idea of picking him up by midseason if I have an open roster spot just to annoy him :-b

Seriously, what do you think about this guy? Will he play catcher, will he have to to be a great asset on your fantasy team?
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:07 am

I think he's a great prospect with a very bright future. In leagues with minor league rosters, he'd be one of the top ten or so players I'd want to have right now (and one of the top two catchers). Otherwise, I think it's still far too early to consider using a roster spot on him unless either your bench is huge or you're rebuilding...

And no, I won't tell Arlo... :-D (grumble grumble trying to get back at me for grabbing Matsui a long time ago grumble...)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Mauer - when will you pick him up?

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:05 am

cwebb wrote:For all players in keeper leagues out there: Do you plan to pick up Joe Mauer this season already?

Will you wait for the year he comes to the majors and then try to grab him? Or will you bid high money in next year's draft, or did you already draft him?

Don't tell Arlo but I've been toying with the idea of picking him up by midseason if I have an open roster spot just to annoy him :-b

Seriously, what do you think about this guy? Will he play catcher, will he have to to be a great asset on your fantasy team?

I grabbed Mauer about a year ago maybe even earlier. Hes bb top prospect at this point. He can do it all. His power will come as he ages.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby catcher-03 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:40 am

what about estrada from the braves he gets no love. i mean hes pounding down triple A and won the minor league allstar game mvp award.also i heard someone on tbs while watching the braves game quote a sports writer for a major newspaper. the writer said"Johny Estrada is the best catcher in the national league and he's in the minor leagues."thats all i have to say
catcher-03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Minor League & College Baseball