From The Secret Cafe Personnel Files - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

From The Secret Cafe Personnel Files

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Postby menyak » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:55 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I noticed a while back that a certain Stefan from Austria had reserved the domain "fantasyhockeycafe.com" - any big plans to announce (you know that Lo, Jackal and I will be there) or are you just protecting the brand name?

Hm, that's definitely planned, but there's no definite date yet. It'll be either this year or next year, that's really all we know so far. :-? Guess it'll be a spontaneous thing, like waking up one day and hearing a voice in my head saying "Today's the day, dude!" ;-)

Wrveres, having stats would be a great thing, but we'd have to buy them from a stats service, and they're horrendously expensive (remember that you need a licence to publish them as your own content). As for the games, never say never, but chances are that it might even harm the Cafe. If we had leagues, a lot of folks would probably move to other sites to gather their information, because obviously you don't want all of your league buddies to peek over your shoulder when you're rambling about a trade. ;-7
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:47 am

menyak wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I noticed a while back that a certain Stefan from Austria had reserved the domain "fantasyhockeycafe.com" - any big plans to announce (you know that Lo, Jackal and I will be there) or are you just protecting the brand name?

Hm, that's definitely planned, but there's no definite date yet. It'll be either this year or next year, that's really all we know so far. :-? Guess it'll be a spontaneous thing, like waking up one day and hearing a voice in my head saying "Today's the day, dude!" ;-)

That is very cool.

I am there.

ps. In case you know as much about the NHL as you do about MLB maybe I should tell you that there is a 50% chance of there being no hockey next year and a 90% chance of some type of labour stoppage.

pps. I you get really successful maybe you can focus on Austrian sports http://www.fantasyskijumpingcafe.com or http://www.fantasycrosscountryskiingcafe.com (shivers in anticipation) ;-7
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cafe_58 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:39 am

I you get really successful maybe you can focus on Austrian sports http://www.fantasyskijumpingcafe.com or http://www.fantasycrosscountryskiingcafe.com (shivers in anticipation) ;-7

Hilarious! ;-D

Really enjoyed the article. Didn't know that the cafe took so much work for it to stay up. I can help any, lemme know. I'll definitely help if I can. :-)
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:38 pm

That was funny. are you guys really in austria?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:That was funny. are you guys really in austria?

Would the Hamster lie to you? :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby America'sGame » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:15 pm

good article

I'm new to the cafe so it was an interesting read to say the least
America'sGame
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:06 pm

America'sGame wrote:good article

I'm new to the cafe so it was an interesting read to say the least

Welcome aboard! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Article Discussions