Santana's Back! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Santana's Back!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KULCAT » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:23 am

3 straigh good games but he was pitching to bad teams. Im still confident but lets see him have good games vs the teams in his division.
And since Zito is God decided to conveniently dissapear ill wirte this in his behalf

SANTANA SUCKS AND I CALLED IT AND NOBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD CALLED IT HAHAHA IM SO GREAT HAHAHA I TOLD YOU SO IT OLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reiser » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:15 am

KULCAT wrote:3 straigh good games but he was pitching to bad teams. Im still confident but lets see him have good games vs the teams in his division.
And since Zito is God decided to conveniently dissapear ill wirte this in his behalf

SANTANA SUCKS AND I CALLED IT AND NOBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD CALLED IT HAHAHA IM SO GREAT HAHAHA I TOLD YOU SO IT OLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO

pretty close. hehe.

you know i'd just like to say that Escobar is a pretty decent pitcher. (I have both Santana and Kelvim). In these past 2 weeks where Santana has been warming the bench for me, Mr. Escobar, who gets NO love from the Cafe, has a sub 3.00 ERA and boatload of K.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swoosh3esq » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:50 pm

KULCAT wrote:3 straigh good games but he was pitching to bad teams. Im still confident but lets see him have good games vs the teams in his division.

Now that is funny. I agree with the other poster that stated that this kid is too good to be pitching that bad. I gave up a lot to get Johan, so I hope that his success continues.
swoosh3esq
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GSes » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:58 pm

swoosh3esq wrote:

Now that is funny. I agree with the other poster that stated that this kid is too good to be pitching that bad. I gave up a lot to get Johan, so I hope that his success continues.

now now no need to insult ZIG

but it is true, I have been arguing with ZIG on this topic ALL SEASON LONG, my case was simple Santana is just plain too nasty and too good to cut. Coming into the season I had him ranked #15 of ALL SP behind Beckett at 14. Santana is young and the sky is the limit, he is the ACE of the Twins and thats all there is too it. Santana is a 200 K pitcher w/ potential to win 17 games this year. He is that good, he is the real deal, for anyone who cut him, Im sorry, you should have been patient and you should have taken the advice of many here (well I guess there was drop him advice also)

Johan just too much talent to ever give on, he is that good guys, and you don'y cut a guy who could

3's ERA potential
1.15 whip potential
17+ win potential
200 K's potential

Im MUCH higher on Johan then I am Piniero, while I still wouldn't cut Piniero, I would do it if I had too, however I would have never cut Johan at any point this season ;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kcs261 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:13 pm

Johan has been under my skin all season long. But NEVER in one instance did I ever contemplate dropping him. As was said, he has too much talent. In the same vein, nobody should wait and think about whether they should pick him. Just do it! ;-D
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:14 pm

kcs261 wrote:Johan has been under my skin all season long. But NEVER in one instance did I ever contemplate dropping him. As was said, he has too much talent. In the same vein, nobody should wait and think about whether they should pick him. Just do it! ;-D

I only thought about it because he was really struggling and I am only running 5 SP in my roto league.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Zito is God » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:34 am

I'll bury this topic out and admit that that poor Mets couldn't put up numbers vs him. I was on vacation and come back to find THIS!

He had a good night, no quesion, not time to jump on the bandweagon yet fellas, just remmember then consecutive bad starts he gave you.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:36 am

Zito is God wrote:I'll bury this topic out and admit that that poor Mets couldn't put up numbers vs him. I was on vacation and come back to find THIS!

He had a good night, no quesion, not time to jump on the bandweagon yet fellas, just remmember then consecutive bad starts he gave you.

I respect you ZIG for being man enough to be the one that bumps this back up....however....you're still WAY off. Santana is a borderline stud, end of story.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby ramble2 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:24 am

slomo007 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I'll bury this topic out and admit that that poor Mets couldn't put up numbers vs him. I was on vacation and come back to find THIS!

I respect you ZIG for being man enough to be the one that bumps this back up....however....you're still WAY off. Santana is a borderline stud, end of story.

I was one of the biggest Santana supporters out there before the season began. I defended him against ZIG, among others. I still have high hopes for him, but this has been an incredibly dissapointing season so far. ZIG, your prediction has been right so far (though I still think you never provided much basis for it. It's more like being lucky than right. Still, I'd rather be lucky than right in fantasy baseball!).

It was one start. The only good start this season, really. Before jumping all over ZIG, let's wait to see how Santana does over the next month or two. Here's hoping he keeps the K/9 up and the BB/K down!
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Crunchy Johnson » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:52 am

Johan Santana of old?????......Lord help me....he has never consistantly produced....he is stlill a kid
Crunchy Johnson
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers