AJ Burnett - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AJ Burnett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AJ Burnett

Postby AI8818 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:35 pm

Does anyone have this guy? Well, I have him. He sucks, face it. He did horrible in his game today. It was pathetic. He gave up 12 hits, 8 runs, 2 walks in 4.1 innings. And I might add how he got the loss. Im dropping this guy, anyone with me?
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby planet » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:43 pm

i like to call him TJ Burnett... Tommy John Burnett...
he won't be the same for a while but i wouldnt rule out a nice little comeback late in the season...
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:45 pm

Well he was a gamble to begin with so if you didn't have the roster space to bench him initially you probably shouldn't have picked him up. ;-) I have him but he'll just stay on the bench and I'll see how it plays out.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: AJ Burnett

Postby The Jury » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:47 pm

AI8818 wrote:Does anyone have this guy? Well, I have him. He sucks, face it. He did horrible in his game today. It was pathetic. He gave up 12 hits, 8 runs, 2 walks in 4.1 innings. And I might add how he got the loss. Im dropping this guy, anyone with me?

Talk about overreacting... 8-o

After checking the box score for Burnett's second game back in the major since Tommy John surgery, this A1818181818 dude has already decided that AJ Burnett is a crappy pitcher, end of story. Chill man...
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mcmahojl » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:49 pm

I posted this in the other thread, but I figure it makes a good point, so here it is again: I am never big on a guy coming off a big injury, especially surgery, and super especially a pitcher. I alwways think that just because they are back from the DL, that doesnt mean that they are back to their old self. It always seems to take a while, look at other Tommy John examples...
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:55 pm

There's an AJ post like 4 posts below this one.....

Kerry Wood in 2000 (Following TJ surgery): 4.80 ERA 1.45 WHIP

I'd hardly say he sucks. Nor will Burnett in 2005. It's your mistake if you thought he would carry your team.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers