Why did Kennedy only get charged with 3 ERs? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why did Kennedy only get charged with 3 ERs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why did Kennedy only get charged with 3 ERs?

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:30 pm

I am facing the guy who has him this week, so this means a lot to me. There was an error in the inning, but I dont think the error gave up a run which wouldnt have scored later in the inning. Does anybody have the log for the inning?
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:35 pm

Cairo scored on the error so that run is not earned.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:38 pm

He did, but then Arod hit a fly-ball to deep right (or left), so Cairo then would have scored tagging up. Jeter would then have been on second, and would have scored on Sheff's HR. The error did nothing to change the outcome of the inning, except for allow one more yankee hitter to face Kennedy.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AstrosAlltheWay » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:43 pm

I guess cause Jeter wouldnt have scored on the sac fly if it wasnt for kennedy's error on the sac fly...but sheffield hit a HR...im confused i think it should be earned but idk
AstrosAlltheWay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:49 pm

yeah, jeter wouldnt have scored on the sac fly by arod, but it wouldnt have mattered because the HR would have driven everybody home. I kinda need this ER on the other guy's record. :-°
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:49 pm

OK when Arod hit the sac fly and Jeter scored that is the unearned run.

10.18 (b) No run shall be earned when scored by a runner who reaches first base (3) because of any fielding error.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:56 pm

Amazinz wrote:OK when Arod hit the sac fly and Jeter scored that is the unearned run.

10.18 (b) No run shall be earned when scored by a runner who reaches first base (3) because of any fielding error.

I think you are on the right track, but have missed the mark a bit. Jeter didnt get on first because of the error. The play was ruled a fielder's choice, but then the error allowed Jeter to reach second (without the error, Jeter would have been out). Thus Jeter wouldnt have been on base, and could not have scored. Damn. No ER for that one.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:59 pm

The reasoning was right but it was the wrong play. Brain fart. :-)

Jeter reached because of the HBP. Williams reached on the error so when Sheffield hit the HR, Williams' run was not earned.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:The reasoning was right but it was the wrong play. Brain fart. :-)

Jeter reached because of the HBP. Williams reached on the error so when Sheffield hit the HR, Williams' run was not earned.

Not that it matters, but I dont think Williams reached on the error. I think he reached on a fielder's choice, but Jeter reached second on the error. Otherwise, the fielder's choice would have gotten Jeter out. Jeter's run was unearned.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AstrosAlltheWay » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:20 pm

well after all that it didnt matter cause he just allowed 3 ER in the 7th.
AstrosAlltheWay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers