Cue Music --- Captain Obvious!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cue Music --- Captain Obvious!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cue Music --- Captain Obvious!!!!

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:05 pm

Dodgers: Nomo pounded in his return
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, June 9, 2004

News
Dodgers' pitcher Hideo Nomo was tagged by the Blue Jays for six hits and five earned runs on Tuesday after being activated from the disabled list. Nomo had been sidelined since leaving his last start on May 19 with a split nail on his right index finger. The nail was not a problem on Tuesday. "They got my high pitches, so I think I should have tried to get my pitches a little lower," Nomo told the Los Angeles Times through an interpreter.

Views
Nomo has now lost his last five decisions and his ERA is up to 7.33. This needs no translation: banish him to your fantasy bench until further notice.

Really Hideo? Really.... well, blow me over with a feather. . .

That's up there with the:
"What do you need to do to win the game?"
"Well, we need to score more runs than the other team."

I watched this game, and a few others before nomo went on the DL. ( I have him in a deep league and have been rather reluctant to let him go). But after what I saw in toronto, there may not be any hope left for this year.

If nomo's splitter is down, people are letting it go for a ball, because even if the pitch were a fastball they'd have time to swing at it, as it is slow.

If his splitter is high, it looks like a freaking LOLLIPOP with a big "HIT ME" written on it.

Also, I could be wrong, but it strikes me that nomo never ever pitches inside... does he?

PS -- this post sort of belongs both here and in the venting forum, so I put it here. apologies to those that feel it should be elsewhere :/
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby crip » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:56 pm

HOW long has Nomo been in the country?????????????????

And he still needs a translator???????????????

Nice
Timmy!!!
crip
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers