Postby crip » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:08 am

I'm starting him today!!!
Timmy!!!
crip
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:09 am

I'd start him based on matchups for a while. I would already feel comfortable starting him against the Expos...but would definitely not feel comfortable starting him against the Yankees. I don't know who his upcoming opponents are, but that's what I would do.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:09 am

I started him last time and will start him today as well vs. Cleveland.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shermars » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:10 am

IMO it depends on how deep your rotation is now and the opponent he is pitching against. If you are hurting for starters, you may have to put him in there sooner, rather then later. Of course, be smart and do not start him against solid hitting teams for a few more weeks. I am going to give him a start against Clev. today. I need a starter with Holliday and Becket down.
I will not rest until I have you holding a coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during a super bowl game you are winning. Show me the $$$!!!
Shermars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:18 am

Going to start him today, although I'm not sure if they will get the game in today. Cause of the injury, Burnett is one guy who would get shut down after any kind of rain delay, I would imagine.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FantasyNoob » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:31 am

Hmmmm... I picked up A.J. and am waiting to see one more start. I'm also not so sure Cleveland is such a great matchup. Despite their bad record they have been putting up pretty good numbers offensively this year. It's just that their bullpen's been blowing games like it's going out of style.
FantasyNoob
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Melo255 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:47 am

FantasyNoob wrote:Hmmmm... I picked up A.J. and am waiting to see one more start. I'm also not so sure Cleveland is such a great matchup. Despite their bad record they have been putting up pretty good numbers offensively this year. It's just that their bullpen's been blowing games like it's going out of style.

Exactly. Everyone seems to think the Indians are still a pushover at home. They aren't. Anyone with Victor Martinez has noticed how many runs they constantly push across. It might not be 20 but always 4-8 runs. I like Burnett but unless your hard up for K's this doesn't seem like a prime matchup. It's impossible to predict just how good someone who comes off TJ surgery will be when he gets back but it just seems smart to give him a few games to get comfortable and to see what he has for stuff before you start him. My 2 cents.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jbones733 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:30 pm

Im in a H2H but, Hell get every start for me . He is a proven stud, and i know it might take a while for him to get into his groove, but no reason i wouldnt start him, but then again i start almost every pitcher i have
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:17 pm

I statyed him last time against hte MEts and I think I'll bench him this time. Last week I started him since I was in last place in both ERA and WHIP. This week I am 2nd to last and 3rd to last in those categories. I just don't like the matchup though. CLevland is great against righties especially at hime + this is only Burnett's 2nd start back. I would start him if he had a better matchup.

Can anyone convince me to change my mid?
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers