I want Kobe on my Fantasy Baseball team. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I want Kobe on my Fantasy Baseball team.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:01 am

Oh ya, it's most certainly Pierce's fault that someone smashed a bottle over his head and stabbed him 11 times.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Precise » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:27 am

Nomar4prez wrote:Oh ya, it's most certainly Pierce's fault that someone smashed a bottle over his head and stabbed him 11 times.

You are right. it is wrong to hold that against pierce... but if/when kobe is found innocent by a jury of his peers, are you still gonna hold the "accusations" against kobe?

anyhow, i'm just being reactive here. you are the one being proactive with your kobe hatred. It amazes me how you try to downplay what kobe accomplishes while putting pierce's accomplishments on a pedestal.

really, Pierce led his team to a 36-46 record. thats far from leading a team to the playoffs. ... thats more like pierce being the best player on a shitty team that made the playoffs because they play in a shitty conference and well..... the NBA HAS to let 8 teams from the east make the playoffs so they stumbled in and got BLOWN-OUT every game.

the magnitude of Kobe's game 2 performance eclipses anything Pierce did on the court this year. PLUS it has to mean something when you play with 3 first-ballot hall of famers, but you are STILL the number one option when the game is on the line.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FF Newb but Lovin it » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:33 am

Make sure you don't leave him in a room alone with your Mom or sister....or family pet. You will regret it.
FF Newb but Lovin it
College Coach
College Coach

Postby donut » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:59 am

i can understand why everyone outside of so. cal hates the lakers and kobe. it's because they get all the press and are consistently on top. it the same reason i hate the yankees. however if stienbrener was my team's owner i would be estatic. it's true that it's hard to gauge kobe b/c shaq's on the team but there's no denying that he's a great player. it's not a coincedence that kobe takes over the fourth quarter or during crunch time for the lakers. he is in my opinion the most clutch player in the NBA.
not all the facts are in on the kobe rape thing but from what is printed in the press, it looks like kobe's gonna walk. girl has attemted suicide not once but twice. also there were another man's semen and pubic hair found on her panties when they conducted a raped kit on her. her friends also said she was at a party drinking and talking about the size of kobe's penis 3 days after the allleged rape. also consider that she hired a civil attorney before the state even filed criminal charges.
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FF Newb but Lovin it » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:46 am

Well KOooooBe shouldn't have lied about it in the first place. I am not taking your side, but lets say the rape never happened and it was consenual. Well the jack ass knows there are people out there who want his money. Don't cheat on your wife, and don't emphatically deny it, until science proves you are lieing. I thought Kobe was a smart guy, but apparently not. I don't hate the Lakers...I could care less about the NBA. I dont' like Kobe because he is a liar and a scumbag end of story.
FF Newb but Lovin it
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:35 pm

FF Newb but Lovin it wrote:Well KOooooBe shouldn't have lied about it in the first place. I am not taking your side, but lets say the rape never happened and it was consenual. Well the jack ass knows there are people out there who want his money. Don't cheat on your wife, and don't emphatically deny it, until science proves you are lieing. I thought Kobe was a smart guy, but apparently not. I don't hate the Lakers...I could care less about the NBA. I dont' like Kobe because he is a liar and a scumbag end of story.

Bingo. I don't hate the lakers. I really just hate Kobe and Payton, b/c they are the two most arrogant guys in the league IMO. I respect the hell out of Shaq, and still kinda like Malone, even though he should of finished his career in Utah.

Kobe, talent-wise, is alot like T-Mac. A great athlete by himself, but can't make his other teammates better. That's why I would love to start any team with someone like JKidd instead of Kobe. Ya, Kobe can do incredible things on the court, but he can't lead. The ONLY reason Kobe is the go-to-guy in the 4th quater is b/c Shaq can't hit free throws. If Shaq could hit 65-70% of his free throws, then he would be unstopable in the 4th quarter. JKidd, on the other hand, not only puts up almost the same numbers as Kobe, but makes his teammates better.
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:43 pm

donut wrote:i can understand why everyone outside of so. cal hates the lakers and kobe. it's because they get all the press and are consistently on top. it the same reason i hate the yankees. however if stienbrener was my team's owner i would be estatic. it's true that it's hard to gauge kobe b/c shaq's on the team but there's no denying that he's a great player. it's not a coincedence that kobe takes over the fourth quarter or during crunch time for the lakers. he is in my opinion the most clutch player in the NBA.
not all the facts are in on the kobe rape thing but from what is printed in the press, it looks like kobe's gonna walk. girl has attemted suicide not once but twice. also there were another man's semen and pubic hair found on her panties when they conducted a raped kit on her. her friends also said she was at a party drinking and talking about the size of kobe's penis 3 days after the allleged rape. also consider that she hired a civil attorney before the state even filed criminal charges.

BUT, almost NONE of that evidence can be used in the courtroom b/c of the laws in that state to protect a victim's rights. Can he explain why he lied to the police? Can he explain the bruises on her body that show rape? This trial is FAR from over. The way this trial is being conducted is absolutely disgusting to me. The girl is being sent death threats EVERY day, and the court is taking their own sweet time setting a trial date.
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:13 pm

BoSox4life wrote:Hate him with a passion.

same, but you do have to admit he is good
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:08 pm

irishdude103 wrote:

Exactly...good. Not great, not the best that everyone seems to think he is. A good player on a great team.
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:13 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
irishdude103 wrote:

Exactly...good. Not great, not the best that everyone seems to think he is. A good player on a great team.

yeah well him and Shaq Daddy just run that team, last night no one else besides Shaq and Kobe scored in double figures
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk