I want Kobe on my Fantasy Baseball team. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I want Kobe on my Fantasy Baseball team.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BoSox4life » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:22 am

Precise wrote:are we watching the same game? how about shaq getting called for a charge on ben wallace's flop or the no-call on kobe's mid-range jumper when he got hit on the arm?

its obvious that there were missed/questionable calls on both sides. and if the refs were favoring the lakers, do you actually think sahq would have been called for a 5th foul?

of course not. regardless, it was just a great shot from a great player.

boooo, he just ruined it :-t ;-)
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

ads

Postby JOEG » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:23 am

I agree the calls were pretty even, makes up for how bad my T-Wolves got mistreated - good point on the Shaq 5th foul thing as they refused to give him number 6 toady and in game 6 vs the Wolves.... damn i hate that - but it makes sense to keep the "popular" players in the game....
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Precise » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:23 am

hey Boston fans, I hate paul pierce just as much as you guys hate kobe
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:24 am

He may be a great player....wait...no he's not. He's a good player on a great team. If he leaves next year, I think everyone will see that he can't lead a team. Shaq daddy rules that team, and this league. I still think Pistons will win in 7. ;-D
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BoSox4life » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:27 am

Precise wrote:hey Boston fans, I hate paul pierce just as much as you guys hate kobe

At least Pierce isn't a cocky, hot headed rapist. Pierce has 10x more class then Kobe.
All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
--Ted Williams
BoSox4life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:28 am

Precise wrote:hey Boston fans, I hate paul pierce just as much as you guys hate kobe

Hmmm....Pierce actually leads his team.....unlike Kobe. Pierce has never been accused of a serious crime....unlike Kobe. Hmm, Pierce has never taken a half off to show his coach that they needed him to take shots....unlike Kobe....
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Re: ads

Postby Precise » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:31 am

JOEG wrote:I agree the calls were pretty even, makes up for how bad my T-Wolves got mistreated - good point on the Shaq 5th foul thing as they refused to give him number 6 toady and in game 6 vs the Wolves.... damn i hate that - but it makes sense to keep the "popular" players in the game....

the timberwolves are a great team... hopefully, flip saunders limits cassel to about 30 minutes a game during the reg season next year so that he is rested/healthier for the playoffs. i think cassel's wear and tear plus the lack of the t-wolve's playoff experience did them in this year (not the refs). but they are definietly championship caliber
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Precise » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:43 am

Nomar4prez wrote:

Hmmm....Pierce actually leads his team.....unlike Kobe. Pierce has never been accused of a serious crime....unlike Kobe. Hmm, Pierce has never taken a half off to show his coach that they needed him to take shots....unlike Kobe....

Yeah, Pierce leads his team alright. He lead his team to the wrong side of a sweep where his team lost by an average of 17 points each game.

17 points.

17 points.

17 points.

and yeas, Pierce has never been ACCUSED of a serious crime, but he has gotten into a streetfight where he ended up getting stabbed.

Pierce couldnt even keep his team COMPETETIVE in a first round series. Kobe lead the Lakers to victory tonight in game 2 of the nba finals.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Re: ads

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:44 am

JOEG wrote:I agree the calls were pretty even, makes up for how bad my T-Wolves got mistreated - good point on the Shaq 5th foul thing as they refused to give him number 6 toady and in game 6 vs the Wolves.... damn i hate that - but it makes sense to keep the "popular" players in the game....

look. it is Stern's wet dream to have the lakers and knicks/celtics in the finals. Unfortunately neither knicks nor celtics were good enough to make the playoffs this year (or advance past the first round) even with all the help that the officials have given them.
It doesn't matter to the league who wins the finals as long as it takes 7 games, the league is just milking it for the money. That's why the lakers were allowed to beat Twolves and why all the bad calls were made...

oh well. Lakers suck.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:58 am

Precise wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:

Yeah, Pierce leads his team alright. He lead his team to the wrong side of a sweep where his team lost by an average of 17 points each game.

17 points.

17 points.

17 points.

and yeas, Pierce has never been ACCUSED of a serious crime, but he has gotten into a streetfight where he ended up getting stabbed.

Pierce couldnt even keep his team COMPETETIVE in a first round series. Kobe lead the Lakers to victory tonight in game 2 of the nba finals.

Pierce led the worst team to EVER enter the playoffs into the playoffs. Without Pierce, the celtics would of been lucky to win 20 games. It's b/c of him they got to the playoffs. Kobe, on the other hand, is on a team with 4 hall of famers, and one of them is the most dominant center in the past 20 years.
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk