anyone know if ANDY MARTE will be brought up this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone know if ANDY MARTE will be brought up this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

anyone know if ANDY MARTE will be brought up this year?

Postby tiger spit » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:14 pm

i recently traded for him in a keeper league...

i heard comparisons to m. cabrera... anyone else know anything?
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hawgvike » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:19 pm

i just read a little tidbit on rototimes.com under the down on the farm section about marte. says at worst he'll get a callup this september.
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bushido » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:20 pm

On second thought...

There is little chance that Marte is called up this year unless he really turns it around in Greenville.

I'd say 2005 is the earliest, but don't be suprised if he doesn't make his debut until 2006.
Bushido
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hawgvike » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:15 pm

After posting a combined .283 average in the past two seasons with 37 home runs and 168 RBI, Marte has been outstanding in 2004. He currently sits with a solid .277 average, 11 home runs and 29 RBI, while also drawing 18 walks for an average on-base percentage of .351. Thanks to his outstanding start to the season, Marte is nearing a promotion to Triple-A Richmond, or perhaps even to Atlanta, where he should be the starting Braves third baseman for many years to come
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TonyCee » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:39 pm

Isn't he like 18 though?
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:28 am

TonyCee wrote:Isn't he like 18 though?

lol you must be smoking that weed on the Care Bear. He's 20 will be 21 at the end of the year. I think he will be called up at some point this year, prolly at the end of it though. How long can the Braves stick w/ DeGrosa at 3rd?

Also not sure where that quote is from but it is not correct on one part. It wasn't an outstanding start to the season, it was a pretty slow one. He got hurt and was hitting around .240 the beginning of the year.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:31 am

Bushido wrote:On second thought...

There is little chance that Marte is called up this year unless he really turns it around in Greenville.

I'd say 2005 is the earliest, but don't be suprised if he doesn't make his debut until 2006.

Little chance for a 2004 callup? Probable 2006 callup? Huh!?!

They have Mark DeRosa at 3B (possibly the only player in the majors to be the worst both offensively and defensively at a position) and nobody else is in his way. He's hitting well lately, and will probably be called up in a month or so, and at the latest September. I will be very surprised if he doesn't get called up until 2005, let alone 2006. I don't know where you got your info from, but I'd ask for a refund :-o

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:50 am

Decent shot he'll get called up in September, although that doesn't mean he'll play.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Bushido » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:37 am

LBJackal wrote:
Bushido wrote:On second thought...

Little chance for a 2004 callup? Probable 2006 callup? Huh!?!

They have Mark DeRosa at 3B (possibly the only player in the majors to be the worst both offensively and defensively at a position) and nobody else is in his way. He's hitting well lately, and will probably be called up in a month or so, and at the latest September. I will be very surprised if he doesn't get called up until 2005, let alone 2006. I don't know where you got your info from, but I'd ask for a refund :-o

Would you like to place a wager on Marte being called up in a month, or at latest September?

Obviously you don't follow Marte or the G-Braves, and in the off-chance that you do, how exactly is Andy hitting well?

And if you want to know where I get my information from, it's Bill Shanks, but you wouldn't know about him unless you lived in Atlanta.
Bushido
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bushido » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:39 am

hawgvike wrote:
After posting a combined .283 average in the past two seasons with 37 home runs and 168 RBI, Marte has been outstanding in 2004. He currently sits with a solid .277 average, 11 home runs and 29 RBI, while also drawing 18 walks for an average on-base percentage of .351. Thanks to his outstanding start to the season, Marte is nearing a promotion to Triple-A Richmond, or perhaps even to Atlanta, where he should be the starting Braves third baseman for many years to come

That's just stupid, he just got called up to AA, and he is struggling.
Bushido
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers