Podsednik question...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Podsednik question......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Podsednik question......

Postby crip » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:28 pm

Why is this guy hitting .257....Is he going to get it back to .300 like last year or was that a fluke...I love the guy for his steals but he's killin me in about all the other categories...
Timmy!!!
crip
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:29 pm

Last year was a fluke, plain and simple.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Trazcon » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:50 pm

A fluke is a little harsh because other than the batting average, he's been solid everywhere else like last year. I think some people are pissed because he did not quite "come back to earth" like he was "supposed" to. I'm enjoying the steals and the occasional home run. Not bad for a 12th rounder...
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Podsednik question......

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:54 pm

crip wrote:Why is this guy hitting .257....Is he going to get it back to .300 like last year or was that a fluke...I love the guy for his steals but he's killin me in about all the other categories...

One of the more over-rated players in fantasy baseball, in my opinion.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:56 pm

I don't think he's overrated. I'm middle of the road on my opinion of him. I neither hate him or love him but I do love his production for a guy drafted very late. I guess he's overrated if people were grabbing him early but no one in my leagues did.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikcou » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:19 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't think he's overrated. I'm middle of the road on my opinion of him. I neither hate him or love him but I do love his production for a guy drafted very late. I guess he's overrated if people were grabbing him early but no one in my leagues did.

exactly what I think of him
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Longhorns76 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:24 pm

Of all the guys with 20 plus steals this year, who has the most HR's? By far its Podsednik. Not Roberts, Sanchez, Crawford, Pierre, Figgins....

Is he over valued? Depends on what you look for. Sure he won't get you the RBI's or the awesome leadoff BA. But the runs, SB's, HR's are all nice in this package.

He isn't a one year wonder. People point out that he couldn't be this good because he wasn't this good for his entire minor league career. The only thing I can contribute to this is the lack of production for so long is nobody to menter him and help him along the way. The Mariners probably didn't do him any favors by having a solid OF for a few years. The Brewers don't take care of the minor leagues besides of keeping their young players in their to grow and hopefully get better on their own. Look into the number of minor league teams that have filed for a new major league affiliate against the brewers for proof. They may have some of the best prospects, they however don't have the coaching provided to develop them effectively.

I for one will take Podsednik on my team if BA isn't a large concern in my league. Even if it is, the steals and the occasional power is hard to pass up.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:37 pm

Entire brewer lineup is slumping. Pods atm is trying to hit HR's, too much uppercut in his swing. He will still hit around 300 and be the most valuable speed guy out there. Players slump, he did the same last year as well.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jbones733 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:59 pm

You guys r insane, (now im speaking to the majority here) but Your the same people who say Beltran is better than Vlad cause of his steals. So Pods steals dont count. he has 24 (double beltran)

same amount if hits & runs as Beltran , & only a few less homers, now this is the gut people have going # 3 & pods a mid-late rd pick is Overated ???? u guys boggle my mind

Pods is a tremendous asset to any fantasy team
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby leafz17 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:06 pm

I'd rather have Crawford personally...which I do. At least he gets a fair number of hits and a respectable BA.
leafz17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers