cwebb? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

cwebb?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: cwebb?

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:04 am

It's a decent show, it's not very funny I don't think and some of the characters are just kind of annoying - but it still entertains me.
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Re: cwebb?

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Futurama was/is awesome I had every episode on my DVR until Comedy Central picked up the series and suddenly my entire DVR got wiped!!!! Damn you Comedy Central that's so evil!!!(ok really I know the two are unrelated)

It was a great show, only cartoon show that made me tear up, "Jurassic Bark". Just an example of how Futurama had more than just comedy to it, they could actually entertain a storyline filled with drama feel genuine, and work perfectly.
Image
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1505
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: cwebb?

Postby thedude » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:16 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:It was a great show, only cartoon show that made me tear up, "Jurassic Bark". Just an example of how Futurama had more than just comedy to it, they could actually entertain a storyline filled with drama feel genuine, and work perfectly.


That was a really sad episode. :,-(
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: cwebb?

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:25 pm

thedude wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:It was a great show, only cartoon show that made me tear up, "Jurassic Bark". Just an example of how Futurama had more than just comedy to it, they could actually entertain a storyline filled with drama feel genuine, and work perfectly.


That was a really sad episode. :,-(


Yes very much so, when tons of the fans say they hate you for making an episode because of how sad it made them feel, you know you have done something right. I think they won an Emmy for that episode.
Image
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1505
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: cwebb?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:07 pm

My favorite Futurama episodes were from the early days: the Slurm Factory and the Armageddon parody.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21674
(Past Year: 454)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

Re: cwebb?

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:10 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Futurama was/is awesome I had every episode on my DVR until Comedy Central picked up the series and suddenly my entire DVR got wiped!!!! Damn you Comedy Central that's so evil!!!(ok really I know the two are unrelated)

It was a great show, only cartoon show that made me tear up, "Jurassic Bark". Just an example of how Futurama had more than just comedy to it, they could actually entertain a storyline filled with drama feel genuine, and work perfectly.

I agree completely. Hilarious show, but that was one really sad episode.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: cwebb?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:02 pm

The first movie was awesome but the Beast with a Billion Backs disappointed. :-/
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: cwebb?

Postby mweir145 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:The first movie was awesome but the Beast with a Billion Backs disappointed. :-/

I'm guessing that is the 2nd one?

I didn't think the first one was all that funny, so that's a very bad sign.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alesiger, caphskat and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(12:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(12:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
San Diego at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact