Kerry - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kerry

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:17 am

LBJackal wrote:How can they prove you're under the influence of a controlled substance? There isn't a breathalyzer for marijuana.

Nope. No breathalyzer. Just the policeman's judgement at the time followed by a drug test. I know a couple of people who have lost their license due to it and deservingly so.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:20 am

LBJackal wrote:
How can they prove you're under the influence of a controlled substance? There isn't a breathalyzer for marijuana.

I bet one could be made. .
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:29 am

matmat wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
How can they prove you're under the influence of a controlled substance? There isn't a breathalyzer for marijuana.

I bet one could be made. .

Yeah that's why I said it would be a deterrent and lower the amount of high drivers since legalization would require some sort of marijuana breathalyzer. Right now it's far to easy to get away with it.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:40 am

LBJackal wrote:Yeah that's why I said it would be a deterrent and lower the amount of high drivers since legalization would require some sort of marijuana breathalyzer. Right now it's far to easy to get away with it.

HaZe
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:44 am

matmat wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Yeah that's why I said it would be a deterrent and lower the amount of high drivers since legalization would require some sort of marijuana breathalyzer. Right now it's far to easy to get away with it.

HaZe

Am I missing something? I know that means "purple haze"......... but what's it's purpose?

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:52 am

LBJackal wrote:Am I missing something? I know that means "purple haze"......... but what's it's purpose?

not really missing anything. Thing about detecting pot is that it is a lot easier than alcohol. the person doesn't even have to breathe on you as long as they didn't change. the stench is in the clothing, kinda like cigarette smoke...
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:09 am

So if you're in the viscinity of somebody else smoking marijuana and drive home you're guilty of DUI? I don't think that would work at all...........

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:49 am

i've had friends get in trouble for driving people home... these friends, of course, had C2H5OH spilled on them...
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:28 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:Drugs are not that expensive Cornbread. Last I knew a dime bag was 10 bucks, and a rock of crack could be had for 10 to 20 bucks. That is hardly expensive and the price would not drop if they were legal. If anything they would go up just like everything else does in the market, when its full of competition.

If drugs were legal it would be a disaster!

With your grasp of economic theory, no wonder you're a republican.

The kind of response I would expect from you AA. Although I don't agree with what he said in general he is correct. Market forces would drive down prices to a low point at which time prices begin to rise due to increases in labor, raw materials, and infationary forces.

Liberals grasp of economic theory could be compared favorably to a greased pig contest :-b
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:47 am

Madison wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
Madison wrote:If society was on an upswing, then I might agree that legalizing pot would be ok because most people would recognize the danger and stay away. The way society is now, we are begging for trouble by legalizing it.

Is this the same person that said it's fat people's fault for eating too much? That the decisions they make are up to them? It's the same thing IMO: you're fostering an abuse of some sort - theoretically. Obviously you can't make over-eating fast food a crime, but it's the same idea; let stupid people make up their own minds.

Ahhhhh but the difference here is that what the potheads do, affects everyone else. Fat neighbors, or fat people driving doesn't scare me in the least. A heavy pothead (part brain dead already) or currently stoned living beside me, or behind the wheel of a car affects myself and everyone around them. There is a difference. ;-)

People who abuse themselves effect all society. A drunk driving, a pothead driving, a cigarette smoker, or an obese person...but not driving. When people get overly obese, can't work, get type 2 diabetes, have heart problems, and have to sit at home on disability or welfare, who pays for that? The Tax payer.

I do think if drugs were legalized you would see a spike in use, a drop in crime, and the government could redirect monies being spent on the "War on drugs" to rehabilitation and treatment. In time people would become educated and drug use would decrease.

What I wouldn't like to see is it become legal, politicians tax the crap out of it like cigarettes, and we are back in the same position. High prices, high crime, and now instead of druglords being in south america, they will be in Washington DC. :-t
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk