Closers who will lose their jobs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Closers who will lose their jobs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby John Bonzo » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:11 am

BronxBomber9201 wrote:Rhodes will lose his job if he hasn't lost it already to Duch????berger

He hasnt lost it yet, but it very well could be soon if Rhodes blows another save. Duchscherer seems to have pitched very well tonight (3 perfect innings), though that is just looking at the box score. However, Rhodes still pitched the 9th, though not a save opportunity.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronxBomber9201 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:17 am

I might have misunderstood the question...but I compare Closers in Fantasy Baseball to Kickers in Fantasy Football....you want one that is on a good offensive team that moves the ball well but not too good that they score too many touchdowns. The same goes for a Closer in that you want them to be on a team that wins and gives them oppurtunities but not too good offensively that they blow other teams out more than often. I always draft my kicker more for the team that he is on than the kicker himself. Eric Gagne on lets say Detroit, Montreal or Tampa Bay will just be a great closer on a bad team that wont get many saves because of the team he is on.
BronxBomber9201
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby warrick95 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:26 am

They inked Baez to a relatively small deal. I doubt a deal will go down.

Graves is a huge possibility. I don't see the Reds contending.

Danny Kolb is interesting...he's been lights out. Would a team want him? Yes. Would Milwaukee trade him? Considering his age, if a team would give a nice package, why not?

Looper is a possibility, I suppose.

Might a team give Mesa Time a shot? Perhaps. Some stupid team might think he's back.

Lastly, Urbina might be dealt. It was either a one or two year deal, I don't remember. If it's only one, the possibility increases.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Surfs up » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:23 am

The Tigers have an option for a second year with Urbina. Franklyn German has be pretty very well in the minors. Much better control. But the Tigers are trying to finish .500 so they probably won't trade him.
Suppose its possible the Red Sox give Williamson some chances when he comes off the DL. They could showcase him and move him for another pitcher. Or even another first baseman. What do they have now. Four?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)

Postby G-Man » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:50 am

couple of thoughts -

Jimenez: since taking over as closer, he has generally surpassed expectations (except the 1 blown save) but don't forget that bob wickman may actually return this season and wedge could give him the job back right away.

Rhodes: he will always be in the mix as long as he is an A....I think oakland gave him too much money not to have him appearing in late innings and as of now (even considering all the talk about him being replaced) it is clearly his job to lose.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers