JD Drew - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

JD Drew

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

JD Drew

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:20 pm

JD Drew has been extremely hot and not just for a week or two. Sincew he has come off the DL which was about a month ago he is hitting the tar out of the ball. I have him and my team sucks big time. Question is since I am about to start looking ahead to next year who are some of the players I could get for him in trade. I need pitching in a big way. Do I ask for a decent starter/ hitter and a prospect? Or do I ask for a couple of prospects ? In both cases the prospect would have to be guys that are pretty much assured of making an impact in 2005. What do you think?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:28 pm

That's a tough one because fantasy owners have a loooong memory.

Given Drew's injury history, I'd temper your expectations. I know, because I have Drew and have talked to other owners in my league about tradnig for him. With a different name, I know I could get more.

But your assesment of Drew's performance is dead on. Maybe someone who's a player or so away could use him.
mikey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

wf

Postby JOEG » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:40 pm

I'm loving JD right now!!! Don;t give me the injury BS, as I drafted him late as I'm sure most people did as a back up at best in a 12 man team , however now he obvioulsy starts for most teams. He's one of those high reward little risk players, as you would had to been mental to give a high pick for him in March!

I know earlier I had said he'd stay healthy as like Fred Taylor, the future earnings of a contract year sure make sore hammies not hurt as bad when your playing a meaningless game vs Montreal.

I almost think that he will play 140+ games this year, call me a dreamer, but I really think he will.

I wonder what a full JD year means

300 seems logic and very realistic

is 35 homers to high, I don't think so

100 RBI's is about right, it'll pick up when Furcal, Giles, and Chipper show up

100 runs is very possible if not better with his speed

10 SB's is very attainable

So 300/100/35/100/10 is a nice deal for us Drew owners

Even if he gets hurt tommorrow taking the garbage out, he still has carried my OF3 all year so far and gotten me in first in my main league!!!

My prediction is that he is the BUST of the year in 2005 when this year he busts out and gets the fat dough and then pulls his mangina game 3 next year
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:55 pm

JOEG I couldn't agree with you more but how does that answer my question. What would it take to get him from you if you were packing it in for this year and planning to next year? Thats what I need.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby titanut » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:04 pm

I can't tell you who you can get, but I can tell you which team he
is probably on. As the first replier said, look for a team that needs
a healthy Drew that could win the league for him, then look at his
roster, find his strength where he is not starting a good young player because of his depth- O Perez, sp for example, make an
offer and see what happens.
titanut
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

oops

Postby JOEG » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:08 pm

Surfs up wrote:JOEG I couldn't agree with you more but how does that answer my question. What would it take to get him from you if you were packing it in for this year and planning to next year? Thats what I need.

Sorry was just putting my 2 cents on Drew

I would have a tough time trying to find someone that ouwld give you enough for him, he's top player right now looking at current stats, however he's much to ricky to assume he'll continue. I would say the most someone will give you is a strong backup on their team... sad to say

For sure throw him out there, but expect a lot of - he's just to risky i have to say no
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spokes » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:29 pm

I am just pissed that J.D. is doing this well because he has been injury-prone all his career and now the team in front of me in the standings, the first place team, drafts him and he is doing great. So, with that being said, I am sure J.D. will have a great, non-maligned season because I don't want him to succeed.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:46 pm

You won't get equal value for him. If he's ever going to tough it out and play, this is the year (contract year).

I'd say you could get someone like Piniero/Webb/perhaps Peavy if the owner won't wait. The former 2 are struggling, but you aren't going to get a Matt Morris/Carlos Zambrano type for Drew.

I own Drew (and sadly he's been my healthiest OF) and haven't and won't attempt to trade him because I won't get much for him.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:42 pm

agreed. because of his injury past, you will always get ripped off when trading him. Just keep him and enjoy the healthy JD Drew,who we know has talent when playing, and watch your standings go up!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:14 pm

How about Tony Armas and Gavin Floyd? Or maybe Edwin Jackson instead of Floyd.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers