Mr. Colon, what has happend to you? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mr. Colon, what has happend to you?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mr. Colon, what has happend to you?

Postby Baseballer02 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:52 pm

What do folks plan on doing with the natural disaster that is Bartolo Colon? He's usually been one of my fav. pitchers, but this year he has just been horrendous. Is everyone planning on dropping him after 7 ER against Cleveland today, or is he still to good to drop?
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fiz » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:06 pm

too many burritos meng
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Mr. Colon, what has happend to you?

Postby mikey » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:08 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:What do folks plan on doing with the natural disaster that is Bartolo Colon? He's usually been one of my fav. pitchers, but this year he has just been horrendous. Is everyone planning on dropping him after 7 ER against Cleveland today, or is he still to good to drop?

Too good to drop... but his value has to be real low, so trading him will be tough. There's no way you'd get anything close to his value (presuming he rights the ship).

Glad I packaged him with Valvarde two weeks ago for Mussina and Kolb (I also had to throw in Derek Lee, but I got Delgado).
mikey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fiz » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:10 pm

mikey wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:What do folks plan on doing with the natural disaster that is Bartolo Colon? He's usually been one of my fav. pitchers, but this year he has just been horrendous. Is everyone planning on dropping him after 7 ER against Cleveland today, or is he still to good to drop?

Too good to drop... but his value has to be real low, so trading him will be tough. There's no way you'd get anything close to his value (presuming he rights the ship).

Glad I packaged him with Valvarde two weeks ago for Mussina and Kolb (I also had to throw in Derek Lee, but I got Delgado).

how the hell did you pull that trade off?
mussina > colon
kolb > valverde
delgado > lee

wtf
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Baseballer02 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:17 pm

fiz wrote:
mikey wrote:

mussina > colon
kolb > valverde
delgado > lee

wtf

I think he meant he already had Delgado, so he traded Colon, Valverde, Lee, for Mussina and Kolb.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby fiz » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:18 pm

ooooh - ok - sorry - my bad
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikey » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:28 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
fiz wrote:
mikey wrote:

mussina > colon
kolb > valverde
delgado > lee

wtf

I think he meant he already had Delgado, so he traded Colon, Valverde, Lee, for Mussina and Kolb.

No, Baseballer02 got it right.

I got Mussina, Kolb and Delgado and sent over Colon, Lee and Valverde.

At the time, Mussina was struggling and Colon was doing OK. Valverde seemed secure as the closer in AZ and Delgado was struggling mightily (well, he's still struggling).

I don't usually get this lucky. And the owner who made the deal with me is in first place. He's usually much more savy.

Strange, but I'll take it.
mikey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rmeesig » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:53 pm

I just traded Colon and Lowell for Bonds.

Lowell will drop off soon (as he does every year) and Colon has destroyed my ERA & WHIP.

Safe to say he's THE biggest bust of this past off-seasons FAs.
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:39 pm

rmeesig wrote:I just traded Colon and Lowell for Bonds.

Lowell will drop off soon (as he does every year) and Colon has destroyed my ERA & WHIP.

Safe to say he's THE biggest bust of this past off-seasons FAs.

nice trade ;-D

Word on the streets is that Colon has lower back problems
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby doug e » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:01 pm

That big fat contract bought Bartolo lots and lots of whoppers and cheesie poofs, and lots and lots of heartburn for me.... :~( :~( :~(
We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses...
doug e
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers