Milwood: buy low or horrible ratio death trap? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milwood: buy low or horrible ratio death trap?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Milwood: buy low or horrible ratio death trap?

Postby KolbSaves » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:53 pm

What does everyone think about Milwood from here on out? Could he be solid help in wins while being good to decent in k's and ratios?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:58 pm

I just traded him...He is almost worthless IMO. I managed to package him and Brad Penny for a struggling Pedro.

The new ballpark is really inflating his #s...but don't look at today's game too much because he just flat out can't pitch well vs. Atlanta. He is better than today, but still not good.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby KolbSaves » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:01 pm

call the police, that's larsony
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:03 pm

KolbSaves wrote:call the police, that's larsony

Haha, glad someone agrees....I got made fun of in my league, saying I gave up too much. I thought they were nuts also.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby The Indestructible » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:26 pm

I guess I'm going against the crowd here. I'm trying to buy Millwood (very) low now. I don't expect a sub-4 ERA, but he should fit in nicely at the end of my rotation. I have a lot of closers (and I'm leading my league in that category), so I'm trying to package Kolb and some some scrub pitcher for Millwood. IMHO, he can't get any worse, and while the stadium is partly responsible for his struggles, he certainly hasn't had his best stuff. I expect him to turn it around.

Aside from last year, he is traditionally better in the second half (check out his career splits). He's also pretty streaky: he'll go on a 10-game tear during which he is almost unhittable. Then he'll suck it up for a while. He isn't a top-tier pitcher, but with the Phillies O, he'll get some wins.
The Indestructible
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JuiceMonkey » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:34 pm

I am sticking with Millwood... a decent part of those sub-par ratios are from two starts vs ATL.

And it looks like the Philly offense is heating up.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KolbSaves » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:01 pm

The Indestructible wrote:I guess I'm going against the crowd here. I'm trying to buy Millwood (very) low now. I don't expect a sub-4 ERA, but he should fit in nicely at the end of my rotation. I have a lot of closers (and I'm leading my league in that category), so I'm trying to package Kolb and some some scrub pitcher for Millwood. IMHO, he can't get any worse, and while the stadium is partly responsible for his struggles, he certainly hasn't had his best stuff. I expect him to turn it around.

Aside from last year, he is traditionally better in the second half (check out his career splits). He's also pretty streaky: he'll go on a 10-game tear during which he is almost unhittable. Then he'll suck it up for a while. He isn't a top-tier pitcher, but with the Phillies O, he'll get some wins.
If I had Milwood I wouldn't expect to get near Kolb, let alone Kolb + 1.
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:24 pm

I'd like to buy low on Millwood but his owner in my league is 1) notoriously stingy when it comes time to trade and 2) I think he's still burned that I got Mussina, who's turned it around, from him.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers