They say you see something new every game... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

They say you see something new every game...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

They say you see something new every game...

Postby rolledupace » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:59 pm

And I just did in the Sox/Royals game. Bases loaded for the Sox. Crespo grounds slowly to first. Grimsley and Harvey converge on the ball, Harvey fields goes to throw home and clotheslines Grimsley. Everyone safe. Watch the replay on ESPN, it's unreal.
rolledupace
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rin04 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:13 pm

I saw it too. WAY unexpected.
Rin04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jebatzel » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:19 pm

yeah was wondering how the Red Sox scored 5 runs without a HR

Boston Top 6th
-
- Jason Varitek grounded into a double-play from short to second to first to end the inning.
- Kevin Youkilis walked. Bases loaded with one out and Jason Varitek due up.
- Johnny Damon doubled to right scoring David Ortiz and Cesar Crespo with one out. Runners on second and third and Kevin Youkilis due up.
- Pokey Reese singled to right scoring David McCarty with one out. Bases loaded and Johnny Damon due up.
- NOTE: Jason Grimsley and Ken Harvey both left the game with undisclosed injuries.

- Jaime Cerda enters the game for the Royals with the bases loaded and one out.
- Cesar Crespo reached first on a fielder`s choice to first scoring Kevin Millar with one out. Bases loaded and Pokey Reese due up.
- Pinch-hitter David Ortiz singled to right scoring Jason Varitek with one out. Bases loaded and Cesar Crespo due up.

- David McCarty walked. Bases loaded with one out and Gabe Kapler due up.
- Jason Grimsley enters the game for the Royals with runners on first and second and one out.
- Kevin Millar walked. Runners on first and second with one out and David McCarty due up.
- Manny Ramirez flied out to right. Runner on first with one out and Kevin Millar due up.
- Jason Varitek walked. Runner on first with none out and Manny Ramirez due up.
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:27 pm

that was a sick injury. Looked like it hurt so bad. Pretty much a fastball in your face from a foot away.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GoGoBoSox » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:37 pm

It looked awful at first, but then i saw that everyone was ok, I couldnt help but laugh. I know, im going to hell but it was just so strange.
Red Sox Baseball: On a clear night at Fenway, you can almost see October.
GoGoBoSox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Melo255 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:55 pm

Yea it was nasty. Didn't look THAT bad until he dropped to the ground and didn't move at all. Scary. Worst thing I have ever seen in baseball though was a few years ago when Sox pitcher Bryce Florie got the line drive right back into his face. Blood pouring out all over the field. Just horrible. I think he lost a lot of his vision in one eye but attempted a comeback with another team that fell through.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:31 pm

Melo255 wrote:Yea it was nasty. Didn't look THAT bad until he dropped to the ground and didn't move at all. Scary. Worst thing I have ever seen in baseball though was a few years ago when Sox pitcher Bryce Florie got the line drive right back into his face. Blood pouring out all over the field. Just horrible. I think he lost a lot of his vision in one eye but attempted a comeback with another team that fell through.

I'll admit after Bryce Florie I was nervous to pitch the next few times out and had some nightmares.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SoxFanPJ » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:58 pm

I was down in RF in Fenway for the Florie game. It was just nasty.
SoxFanPJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers