Jose Reyes?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Reyes??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:46 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Not only does Reyes have hamstring problems, hes also developed back pain, which mean he wont be running very well all season. Id cut him if you need the dl space, because I doubt he will be any good if he makes it back.

The back pain and the hamstring aren't seperate issues according to the doctors. The back pain is just a symptom of the change in running style. There was initially worry that it may be a bulged disc or something but now that seems to be bogus.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:53 pm

That's cool but this guy has had too many inuries at such a young age. He is making Rusty Greer look like Ripken.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby mikegp » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:37 pm

Just dump Reyes. He is never going to play because he's always going to get injured.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Real Deal » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:14 pm

seriously??? just dump him?? i am very close to doing so, but will i pay for it?
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:19 pm

Real Deal wrote:seriously??? just dump him?? i am very close to doing so, but will i pay for it?

If you are in a redraft league I don't think you will pay for dumping Reyes. In a format such as a Keeper league I would still hold on to him.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikcou » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:56 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:I've had him on the DL for awhile; if Wolf does go on the DL as expected Tuesday, I'm cutting Reyes. :-t

same here :-P
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Real Deal » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:03 pm

i am in a keeper league, but there is no way i would keep him without having a great second half. im alreay keeping: pujols, nomar, bonds, rj, crawford, cabrera, and there is no way he bumps any of those guys. so, although im in a keeper league, i should probably still drop him?
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:42 pm

Is everyone's team hurting so much that they can't leave him on the DL? I know it's been a season of injuries, but no one has room just to wait? Pretty bad, my team was starting to get all healthy except for Reyes and then Beckett landed on the DL. Though I have 2 DL spots so it isn't a big deal.

Also in a keeper leagues don't just drop him, try trading him first since he has more value in keepers.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:44 pm

hybrid wrote:Is everyone's team hurting so much that they can't leave him on the DL? I know it's been a season of injuries, but no one has room just to wait? Pretty bad, my team was starting to get all healthy except for Reyes and then Beckett landed on the DL. Though I have 2 DL spots so it isn't a big deal.

Also in a keeper leagues don't just drop him, try trading him first since he has more value in keepers.

I know that if I had him, he would be gone by now. I already have 4 guys to fit into 2 DL slots and Wolf is going there soon.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

sadf

Postby JOEG » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:46 pm

I have faith in him and would for sure lose a spot for him. I for one am the kind of guy who takes upside over anything. This is a guy when he finally gets healthy that can explode is all categories.

The only way i would cut him is if he was taking up a spot that you needed for current production.
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers