I was wondering how many of you out there have had 15 minutes of fame?, momments of fame?, connections to fame?
Here are mine:
1) I went to school and knew Peter Ostrum (Charlie Bucket of Charlie and the Chocolate factory)
2) My dad flew for Arnold Palmer in the 60's before he learned to fly his own jets got to meet him on several occasions.
3) My family lived across the street from Paul Newmans mother in Shaker Heights Ohio for a few years. (He never came to visit
4) There was a movie "Yours, mine and ours" in the 1960's starring Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball. It was about a Navy man who has about 10 kids marries a woman withabout 10 kids. My parents were friends with them and I played with the younger kids of the family. (My dad was a Naval Aviator)
5) I ran a gas station in a wealthy Cleveland, Oh. suburb. On day a hippy came in looking for a job. When I looked at his application he stated as references: Rick Manning-centerfielder Cleveland Indians, Wayne Garland-Pitcher Cleveland Indians. I looked at this hippy and said "Yea right". Being it was a wealthy neighborhood and I didn't have many applicants I hired him. They used to hang out with Kevin Manning at my gas station at night.
Last edited by wkelly91 on Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.