beltran to the giants? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

beltran to the giants?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby badass32 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:24 am

ya but if this happened think what would happen to bonds numbers
he would probably get more pitches to hit, and if they walked him he would probably get hit in more.
badass32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:25 am

I love that scenario badass! But Hybrid, the spaciousness is the key. All that space means more room for Beltran to spread the ball around. That will contribute to a higher average. I agree, the HRs would go down, but I dont think the SBs would drop. Alou would steal more often if he HAD anybody who COULD steal. He ran Durham a fair amount, but now he's injured, so the best SB guy on the giants is possibly Bonds, or Pedro Feliz on the sneak attack.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:30 am

and if he hit behind bonds wouldn't rbis go up?
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:31 am

Durham barely ran at all, only 7 sb's in over 400 at bats. Yes, I know he was hurt some of the time but that is still barely at all running. Durham who had always been around 25 sb's or more. If you think Beltran's avg. would go up, show me other players besides Bonds that hits better in that ball park.

And if he hits lower in the lineup, it cancels out. More rbi chances, but less runs.
Last edited by hybrid on Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:33 am

hybrid, none of my assumptions are based on stats. I just have a feeling about this one.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:38 am

That's fine, I just really disagree. For arguements sake lets take one of the best left handed hitters and compare:

Helton lifetime at PacBell

37 games 133 AB's 20 runs 3 hr's 20 rbi's and only hits .263 there
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby eftda » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:39 am

hybrid wrote:Durham barely ran at all, only 7 sb's in over 400 at bats. Yes, I know he was hurt some of the time but that is still barely at all running.

Didn't he have a torn ACL?

IMO: The Giants could do it. But Foppert and AJ/Yorbbit wont bring Beltran to SF. The Giants (IMO) would have to give up Williams and Feliz for Beltran. :-/
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:42 am

eftda wrote:
hybrid wrote:Durham barely ran at all, only 7 sb's in over 400 at bats. Yes, I know he was hurt some of the time but that is still barely at all running.

Didn't he have a torn ACL?

IMO: The Giants could do it. But Foppert and AJ/Yorbbit wont bring Beltran to SF. The Giants (IMO) would have to give up Williams and Feliz for Beltran. :-/

Even better, IMO. I really like Yorvit for our future catcher. I think he would be just a little worse offensively than Vmart if he got the chance. He also has a great arm and is great at blocking wild pitches. Jerome is good, but I dont think is that great, and I just dont think Feliz will ever learn to be patient and/or hit a curve.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:43 am

I believe so, but even when he was healthy he didn't run as much. And that was the only point I was trying to make.

edited to say...
To show I'm not trying to just put down your idea he would hit better, I found something you would like. Shawn Green in about the same at bats as Helton. Has hit .353 there lifetime, so maybe Beltran would have some hope. Though his power numbers (4 hr's) are just as bad as Helton.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby JuiceMonkey » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:48 am

I also love this idea... and I know KC is asking for alot for Beltran, I would too. But if KC is asking for Feliz and a P I say do it. Beltran in the 5th spot would stop all this intentional walk crap and SF could get away with some P prospects without giving up Jerome, as long as it isnt Aardsma, I love that guy.

I hope it happens. Seeing Vlad in that Angels uni is killing me.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers