beltran to the giants? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

beltran to the giants?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

beltran to the giants?

Postby badass32 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:05 am

ok one do u think sabean could ever pull it off? and 2 how would he do it? and dont the royals kindah want to get rid of beltrans contract too?
badass32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:09 am

where are you getting this idea from? I love it ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) The Royals have no catcher after this year. Santiago could be my grandfather, and I dont believe they have a half-decent younger one in their system (if they do, please tell me). The Giants have two good ones, AJ and Yorvit Torrealba. IMO Torrealba is better both defensively and offensively than Pierzynski, so AJ is expendable. They could trade the All-star catcher, Jesse Foppert, and maybe another prospect like Aardsma (a closer so that Affeldt can start again) for Beltran. I could work, and I would cry sweet tears of joy if it did. :-D
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:12 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:where are you getting this idea from? I love it ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) The Royals have no catcher after this year. Santiago could be my grandfather, and I dont believe they have a half-decent younger one in their system (if they do, please tell me). The Giants have two good ones, AJ and Yorvit Torrealba. IMO Torrealba is better both defensively and offensively than Pierzynski, so AJ is expendable. They could trade the All-star catcher, Jesse Foppert, and maybe another prospect like Aardsma (a closer so that Affeldt can start again) for Beltran. I could work, and I would cry sweet tears of joy if it did. :-D

That is a LOT to give up for a rent-a-player in a division they still probably wouldn't win.

If they could guarantee a long-term signing, then yeah it wouldn't be a bad deal...but if it's for this year only, I think that's a terrible deal. You will need Aardsma in a couple years, as Herges definitely isn't an option in that role.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:14 am

I am completely blocking the rent-a-player thing out of my little trade. That trade is for Beltran for at least 5 years, to take over for Bonds after next year. If we are sure we wont be able to sign him, then we should not give up Aardsma.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:16 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:I am completely blocking the rent-a-player thing out of my little trade. That trade is for Beltran for at least 5 years, to take over for Bonds after next year. If we are sure we wont be able to sign him, then we should not give up Aardsma.

Understood....yeah a good deal for both sides then. Maybe it will happen, who knows. :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby hybrid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:16 am

man his value would go down a lot of he was a giant, if your a beltran owners i would hope you pray that doesn't happen. I don't see how this would work at all anyways.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:18 am

hybrid wrote:man his value would go down a lot of he was a giant, if your a beltran owners i would hope you pray that doesn't happen. I don't see how this would work at all anyways.

why would his value go down? His average would go up, IMO, simply because of the HUGE right field at Pac Bell. The HR numbers might drop off a bit, but the park in Kansas City is not that hitter friendly after they moved the walls back this spring.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:20 am

He would probably lose quite a few steals...Alou doesn't seem to run much...and Beltran would be brought in to bat behind Bonds, so he would probably also lose quite a few at-bats batting 5th compared to batting his usual 2nd.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby badass32 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:20 am

as a giant fan this is the best scenario, i think, giants send aj foppert and cash to the royals for carlos beltran and a minor league prospect, this year and next year , giants sign or trade for a pitcher to be a better number 2 starter and giants win the world series in barry's last year in the majors. He goes out on top like he should.
badass32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:21 am

PacBell is right there w/ Safeco and Chavez. Less HR's, less SB's, and I don't think he average would be as good. KC was a hitters park, your right they did move the fences back but by no means it is the spacious ball park that PacBell is.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers