What to expect out of smoltz? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to expect out of smoltz?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to expect out of smoltz?

Postby yankeesrule2004 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:21 am

I know this is dependent on how the braves do and whether they can get healthy, but what do you see smoltz ending the year with in the saves department? The lack of saves is getting to me. thx
If Bin Laden can hit .320 with some power I will add him, if Jesus is blowing a bunch of saves (pun somewhat intended) then I will drop him.
- Tavish
yankeesrule2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

smoltz

Postby JourneyingBraves » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:33 am

Realitically i think your looking at smoltz getting 25 - 35 saves this year. The Braves just don't give him much chances, especially injured.

At the end of the year you may see smoltz as a SP. Thats just speculation of course, but with the way the braves are playing it might just happen.
JourneyingBraves
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pibb55 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:41 am

Smoltz aso said he will waive his no trade clause if the Braves are out of contention, thatd be very good for Smoltz, Cubbies maybe?
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Smoltz

Postby Ry-Guy » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:45 am

I think Smoltz will wind up with exactly 30 saves. The Braves have not given him any save chances this season and it doesn't look like he's going to get many. I took Smoltz as my first closer and I'd be reallly really pissed, but luckily I got Danny Graves as my backup and he's like having 2 closers in one. But I definitely feel the frustration caused by the lack of saves by Smoltzy.
Check out www.hardcorefantasybaseball.com
Ry-Guy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Longhorns76 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:53 am

It's like the Braves don't play in close games. They win by a large unsaveable margin or they just plain lose. Their offense isn't as bad as advertised these days and their pitching is underrated as they are one of the top pitching staffs in the NL. I want Smoltz to get some saves as I have him and was expecting his team to be in a lot of close games this season. But savfes come in bunches so maybe after this weekend the Braves will start giving him a fewer close games.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KULCAT » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:56 am

You can never predict saves really. The Braves mashed the ball much better last year yet still gave Smoltz plenty of save opportunities. I still think the Braves will start winning a lot of games soon and the ops will come. I think Smoltx ends up with 35-38 saves
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rlee » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:05 pm

I think the Braves are a bad team. :-P Giles is satill a ways away, who knows if Chipper will get healthy, and if he does, will he rebound, A. Jones' BA keeps dropping, and there is no way Estrada will keep up the pace on hits w/RISP. 8-o

I think 25 is the outside for Smotz this year - and not his fault :,-(
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Return to Baseball Leftovers