Best/Worse Fans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best/Worse Fans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:26 pm

Pedro wrote:Best - Cubs

Worst - Phillies, Yankees

Any "fans" that chuck D-cell batteries at a player *cough* JD Drew, are by proxy the worst fans.

And Yankee fans...well ask 10 of them to name 3 players on the team besides Derek Jeter and about 2 of them will be able to do it.

Again, you are refering to the bandwagon Yankee fans and not the true Yankee fans. There are only so many bandwagon Yankee fans because the Yankees have won so much. It would be the same if the Red Sox had instead won all of those championships- they would have tons of bandwagoners who know nothing.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:28 pm

blankman wrote:

Any "fans" that chuck D-cell batteries at a player *cough* JD Drew, are by proxy the worst fans.

And Yankee fans...well ask 10 of them to name 3 players on the team besides Derek Jeter and about 2 of them will be able to do it.

Again, you are refering to the bandwagon Yankee fans and not the true Yankee fans. There are only so many bandwagon Yankee fans because the Yankees have won so much. It would be the same if the Red Sox had instead won all of those championships- they would have tons of bandwagoners who know nothing.

This doesn't sound right? Every team has "true fans" who are knowledgable, loyal, die hards. When we talk about a teams "fans" we are refering to the majority? Not the few smart ones.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pedro » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:28 pm

blankman wrote:

You think I don't know that?

Whether or not they are bandwagon fans or not, they represent the majority of the fan base. Much to the displeasure of true fans I presume.

The fact remains that most Yankee "fans" cannot name 3 players on the their "favorite" team.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WhiteHot » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:34 am

Chucking batteries at JD Drew shows that we're loyal fans. That dude didn't sign and went back into the draft. He ducked us...then he tried to duck our batteries. That dude is the worst in conditioning and overall approach to the game. He makes Griffey look like Cal Ripken. I hope his whole family drives off a cliff.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

a

Postby JOEG » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:39 am

Best - Cubs

Worst - Yankees and Phillies

Notice I didn't put my team... we are average fans...

I just don't understand how people can be fans of the Lakers and the Yankees? It just makes no sense to me how people could be as passionete (sp) as I am for the Twins and the reasons I love them for those two teams..... it just doesn't seem fun...

Philly fans are just jerks

Yankee fans booed their captain whihc didn;t settle well with me either
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pedro » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:11 am

WhiteHot wrote:

Chucking batteries at JD Drew shows that we're loyal fans. That dude didn't sign and went back into the draft. He ducked us...then he tried to duck our batteries. That dude is the worst in conditioning and overall approach to the game. He makes Griffey look like Cal Ripken. I hope his whole family drives off a cliff.

That's a joke right? I mean you must be joking.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:26 am

Philly fans are by far the worst fans in all of sports. They just have no clue.

They booed Kobe Bryant during his homecoming in an All-Star game, booed McNabb on draft day, lob batteries at Drew, cheered when Irvin got hurt, fought with Tie Dome and booed Santa. And of course the most ignorant of all was they booed Mike Schmidt. Sure they weren't all baseball fan actions, but the entire fanbase in the area is just bad.

I actually gained some respect for Yankee fan when they gave Jeter a standing ovation towards the end of the big slump.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:39 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:best: cubs-no matter how bad the team is, they never turn on them and always pack Wrigley.

LOL. As long as no one catches a ball in foul territory. :-o

wrong. we did not turn on the team (we very well could've, since alex gonzalez booted that freaking easy double play ball), we turned on a specific, rather dumb fan who was not associated with the team at all.

Whatever. I was basically just referencing that they put a lot of blame on the kid when he did exactly what 99.9% of all other fans would have done and he had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. It wasn't his fault and he had to leave the area. That ain't right.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby KULCAT » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:51 am

I agree with Lofunzo.
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:02 am

Fwiw, player's voted Card fans the best. Can't remember the rest. But Phillie fans are brutal on opponents, and their own team. I can't see Dodger fans being mentioned. Few teams can match the 3 mil + seasons they generate.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk