Honoring Ronald Reagan... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Honoring Ronald Reagan...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:09 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted (or not posted) on this thread, who felt, as I do, that using this thread for political posturing would be incredibly out of line. Thank you.


http://www.georgewbush.com/Reagan/
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:25 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted (or not posted) on this thread, who felt, as I do, that using this thread for political posturing would be incredibly out of line. Thank you.


http://www.georgewbush.com/Reagan/


I dont see this as political at all. There is no reason Kerry couldnt have something like this set up on his website. Pretty harmless, nice way for people to remember and pay homage to a great man if you ask me.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:09 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted (or not posted) on this thread, who felt, as I do, that using this thread for political posturing would be incredibly out of line. Thank you.


http://www.georgewbush.com/Reagan/


I dont see this as political at all. There is no reason Kerry couldnt have something like this set up on his website. Pretty harmless, nice way for people to remember and pay homage to a great man if you ask me.


Well when you send out emails to people asking them to pay tribute to Reagan, and the site is affiliated with your campaign--in fact, is your campaign site--where you can donate, I'd say that's not only political, but sleazy.

If you really want to honor Reagan aside from politics, then don't have it on GeorgewBush.com. C'mon CBM--how is this not political? They're getting traffic to their site because of Reagan's death.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:38 pm

Do you know for a fact whether the family approved it or not?

When I assume room temperature I would be proud to like my rememberance site to my favorite politician.

Now I just have to find one worthy :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2796
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Looking over your shoulder as you type.

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:01 pm

wkelly91 wrote:Do you know for a fact whether the family approved it or not?

When I assume room temperature I would be proud to like my rememberance site to my favorite politician.

Now I just have to find one worthy :-o


What? Whose family? And room temperature? I'm soooo confused.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:15 pm

It's unfortunate this post had to degenerate into partisan politics. Can we just keep this as a tribute post - if you want to bash how Bush or Kerry respond to Reagan's death, let's start another thread to do it please.
Image
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1209
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The House That Gehrig Built

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:19 pm

Tavish wrote:He was awesome in that Genesis video.


LOL!

Land of Confusion - right?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:21 pm

stomperrob wrote:I'm Canadian and Canada enjoyed a very close relationship with the U.S. during the Reagan administration. Unfortunately, under our current Liberal government, that is no longer true.


Oh my God. I just had a flashback of Reagan and Mulroney singing When Irish Eyes Are Smiling while arm in arm.

Which reminds me of William Hung.

Which reminds me that Mulroney's son - Ben Mulroney hosts Canadian Idol.

Weird.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Honoring Ronald Reagan...

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:24 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:But I will admit he was a great man...and some one who stood by his convictions...also, although I disagreed with some of his policies, I always felt he was doing what he honestly believed was best for our country...(which can't be said of many Presidents...from either party...)


I'm not old enough to even remember the first Clinton term :-D , but from reading history books etc I have to agree with DHC. ;-D I'd rather have someone who at least appears strong in their convictions even if I disagree than someone who's wisy washy on everything and doesn't have the guts to stand for anything. I think everyone in politics can take something from that.
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Philadelphia at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact