Honoring Ronald Reagan... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Honoring Ronald Reagan...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Honoring Ronald Reagan...

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:03 pm

Ronald Reagan...The greatest President of the 20th century.

I remember casting my first presidential vote ever for Ronald Reagan. He was a never ending fountain of optimism for the American people.

Many of you who were not alive during this time can't appreciate what he did for this country. After four years of Jimmy Carter, this country had an unemployment rate twice what it is today. Millions were out of work. The economy was in kaos, interest rates were ridiculous. I think my first car loan had a interest rate of 20%!

The pride in the military was at an all time low.

Ronald Reagan was able through the force of his convictions and eternal optimism to bring the country back.

Ronald Reagan hastened the fall of communism in the world.

Ronald Reagan returned pride to America and the American military.

Ronald Reagan showed that the american people could succeed and thrive when goverment is removed from their backs.

Ronald Reagan was a gentle man with an ability to rally people towards goals from both sides of the aisle. He was a man of his convictions with a deep love, faith, and belief in the American people.

I will never forget what he did for this country. :,-(
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:30 am

:,-(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:40 am

Great Great Great Post and I wondered when someone would get around to honoring this Great man!

I am only 27 so I was young when he was the president but I do have many memories of him.My Dad would always hang on every word Ron had to say and tried to instill the same morals and values in me.I remember when the bombing of Libya took place and the news was breaking in with the updates.I was so scared at that age thinking it was the end of the world.I sat and watched with my Dad and he assured me that we had a strong leader that would protect us.It seemed like the country was on the brink of horrible things at that time with the Soviet Union and Libya and Iran but Ron was very comforting.

As I got older and read up on him.I realized what a great president he was.Carter had this country in shambles.Our military was nothing, the economy was a joke, and at the rate it was going we probably would have been attacked by someone sooner or later, if Carter was reelected.He brought us back from that and instilled pride and dignity to the USA!People were proud to be conservative in America again and he single handidly made that happen.

And that ass whoopin he put on Mondale was pretty cool too.49 out of 50 states.WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Honoring Ronald Reagan...

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:10 pm

wkelly91 wrote:Ronald Reagan...The greatest President of the 20th century.

Not sure I would agree with that....

But I will admit he was a great man...and some one who stood by his convictions...also, although I disagreed with some of his policies, I always felt he was doing what he honestly believed was best for our country...(which can't be said of many Presidents...from either party...)

Safe passages Gipper..... :,-(
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:34 pm

I'm was too young to have had firsthand knowledge about him, but my father has always held in the highest light, as undoubtedly the greatest president of his lifetime. ;-D

RIP :,-(
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby eftda » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:12 pm

RIP :,-(
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:44 am

He was awesome in that Genesis video.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:10 am

While I'm not a fan of Ronald Reagan the President, I'm indebted to his service to our country. :,-(
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:15 am

Wkellys initial post was great. I completely agree.

To me, Reagan stood for so much that it is hard for me to even write about what he meant to me and this great nation. I feel like my words couldnt possibly do him justice.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted (or not posted) on this thread, who felt, as I do, that using this thread for political posturing would be incredibly out of line. Thank you.

I will miss you President Reagan.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:26 pm

I'm Canadian and Canada enjoyed a very close relationship with the U.S. during the Reagan administration. Unfortunately, under our current Liberal government, that is no longer true.
He was a great man and an inspirational leader to free people everywhere. His "tear down this wall Mr. Gorbachev" was a bold staement that I doubt few other leaders would have had the nerve to make and inspired many. I remember his speach after the Challenger disaster and how he captured the feelings of the world so well at that tragic time. When he spoke he came across so well, he was like a father figure and had the ability to put people at ease. At the same time, he was a very strong leader and was not afraid to flex U.S. muscle when he saw injustice or need somewhere in the world where he could help. One great thing he did was to finally give the respect that was long overdue to Vietnam veterans. His legacy is not just what he meant to America, but what he meant to the world as a whole.
It was so tragic that Alzheimers robbed him and his family of the last years of his life.
Farewell to one of the greats of the 20th century. :,-(
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk