Craziest Players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Craziest Players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:33 am

i remember the Alomar spitting thing too, that is when I stopped bein his fan.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Longhorns76 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:49 am

I personally loved Chris Sabo....that guy was wired a little differently. Anyone have any memories of him? I can't think of any offhand but I'm sure he did some wacky things.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Crazy!

Postby Kwaziwampo » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:55 am

Everett didn't spit on an umpire, he head butted him with the brim of his helmet. Brilliant move. Here are some quotes for my vote for craziest player...at least of this era. I'd have to go with Cobb all time.

Interleague play? "Don't like it," Everett responds. "They only have it because of two teams [the New York Mets and the New York Yankees]. It's all about the money." Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter? "Not a star." The Mets, one of his former teams? "All those [management] people are hypocrites and idiots." The Atlanta Braves' starting pitchers? "You can run on them all day." Big cities? "Hate 'em. I need space." American League baseball? "Boring." Dinosaurs? "Didn't exist."

Uh, come again?

"God created the sun, the stars, the heavens and the earth, and then made Adam and Eve," Everett said last Friday, before the Red Sox lost two of three in Atlanta. "The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Someone actually saw Adam and Eve. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus rex."

What about dinosaur bones?

"Made by man," he says.

Everett has trouble, too, with the idea of man actually walking on the moon. After first rejecting the notion, he concedes, "Yeah, that could have happened. It's possible. That is something you could prove. You can't prove dinosaurs ever existed. I feel it's far-fetched."
Kwaziwampo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:07 am

mwb743s wrote:speaking of charging the mound remember when old man Nolan Ryan whipped Robin Ventura?? Sorry not quite the same subject but that was the first thing to come to mind!

Madison wrote: I remember Roberto Alomar spitting on an ump though.

two of my favorites ... ;-D

Nevermind the fact that Sportscenter got the closesup footage of "The Spitter" in the act, and proceeded to show it a million times, Old man Ryan kicking the chit out of a young Ventura is a classic and should be watched by any baseball fan at least 1 million times. :-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby wrveres » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:10 am

Hey, I am kinda surpised that this went three pages and nobody mentioned this ... so I will. :-D

what about that time Pedro Martinez through that old fragile man to the ground? ;-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:03 am

Mark "The Bird" Fidrych used to talk to the ball on the mound and get on his hands and knees and groom the mound also 8-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mark86 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:08 am

wrveres wrote:Hey, I am kinda surpised that this went three pages and nobody mentioned this ... so I will. :-D

what about that time Pedro Martinez through that old fragile man to the ground? ;-)

Oh yeah. I lost all respect for Pedro when he threw Don Zimmer to the ground. I was so angry that day and every news station showed it a million times.
Mark86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedro » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:28 am

Homer time...

Pedro could of killed Zimmer. Who rushed who again? Zimmer is lucky all he got was a little shove to the ground. Very lucky.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mark86 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:34 am

Pedro wrote:Homer time...

Pedro could of killed Zimmer. Who rushed who again? Zimmer is lucky all he got was a little shove to the ground. Very lucky.

You are right about Zimmer rushing Pedro. Zimmer aplogized for rushing Pedro. I don't think Pedro should have thrown Zimmer to the ground like that though.
Mark86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby trippinonreality » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:40 am

trippinonreality on some things

Pedro throwing zimm? could've killed him he got off easy. Everetts mindset? he needs to be locked away. Robin venturas beatdown? Never charge a 38 year old man that throws 96 mph. Alomar? a disgrace. Cobb? crazy but not the craziest there are double murderers out there. Nomars rituals? thats nothing did you ever see mike hargrove. Alou and Posada? thats just sick but if it were Pujols and Rolen I'd be pissing on my hands right now and signing a million dollar contract tomorrow.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers