Kevin Brown: 6 Innings of Shutout Ball. He looks good to me! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Brown: 6 Innings of Shutout Ball. He looks good to me!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kcs261 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:20 pm

Frankly, I don't see any irony between my A-Rod statements and my statements on Brown. Nice try. But it's two totally different issues. And his first statement that I told people not to draft A-Rod is just not true, either.

In my opinion, the irony is in fact in Hootie's statement/insinuation that people shouldn't draft and/or keep Brown because of his injury history -- when Brown's primary problem last year was a herniated disc, just like A-Rod has now. So apparently, it's a reason not to keep Brown now (when he already had the injury surgically repaired), but it's totally cool for A-Rod who just got a cortisone shot. Now that's ironic. :)

That said, A-Rod has looked good thus far. So maybe he'll be the lone player who will not be effected by this injury? He's starting to make me a believer.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

we can agree

Postby gypsyspot » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:05 pm

Brown is as cool as a fool in a swimming pool when healthy. But can the young man stay healthy? Only time will tell.......that he will not.
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:20 pm

kcs261 wrote:
In my opinion, the irony is in fact in Hootie's statement/insinuation that people shouldn't draft and/or keep Brown because of his injury history

I never said dont draft Brown. I stated i would take 2 good pitchers for him (Leiter/Padilla) in another thread. I'm not worried about KB injury history. I just dont see him at 38 returning to a top 5 sp like is being claimed, thats all. KB is fine to have, fine to draft, but hes tradeable imo.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby cardboardbox » Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:33 pm

sorry to jump in, but would you guys trade Huff (at util for me) for Brown?
cardboardbox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers